KiteLife Forum

B2 Weights

Philippe Mal

Hi there,

My brand new B2 should have come with some weights to Axle and so on, but does anyone knows how they look like and where they should be? Can't find them in my package...

And, second thing, How do you have the second LE rod installed? You just slide it in, and hope it doesn't move?

Thanks,

Philippe

Philippe,

Welcome to the forum. You should find all the answers that you are looking for, here on Kitelife. There is a great deal of knowledge here, and people are very willing to help. Just ask...........

As for the B2, I have 3 of them (Std., Mid-Vent, & Full-Vent), as seen in my avatar. None of them came with weights, and unless they just started including them, I don't believe the B2 comes with weights. That is something that was included with the 1.5 B-series, and honestly, I don't think that many people ever use them. I'm sure someone else will chime in on this.

As for the rods, I am not real clear, as to what you are asking, but, there should be three rods, that make up your leading edge. One rod should look different than the other two. The odd one should go in the center, and the other two are inserted into each end of the center rod. If you are not sure how they go, take them all out, and lay them on the floor. It will be pretty obvious, how they fit together. Once in the kite, you must pull on the end caps, from each end of the leading edge.

Good luck.......... :ani_victory:

• Like 2

If you mean using both leading edge sets at once, yes, the second just rests in the pocket! But if you feel the need to use both, well it is probably too windy for that sail!! IMHO!! :ani_idea:

Ahh ! I didn't even think of that, Wayne. I'm sure that's exactly what Philippe was asking. I myself, have never doubled-up, a LE, with any Rev, and I agree, if you need two, it probably is too windy, unless of course, it's a full-vent.................but even then, who knows......... :ani_giveup:

I've never worried about doubling up Leading Edges in my B2. I'll run up to 20 mph with the 2 frame and everything else I'm game to fly in over that with the 3's. I've got the B2 Std. I place more emphasis on enjoyment than sail stretch though. And boy is a B2 F U N!!!!

• Like 2

I meant doubling up indeed...

I was just wondering because I'm leaving to Srilanka for 3 weeks, and was wondering if I need to take both rodsets with me or not...

It's a pain to take them with me (plane and backpack) So I would minimize...

On the other hand it would mean spares incase...

One inquiry & ten very helpful responses, an incredible amount of information here on KiteLife! Line weight & length can really change your kite's feel. Was flying a Blast on 150# x 80' yesterday. Wind picked up & I switched to my 1.5 B mid vent but stayed with the heavy lines as an experiment. Flew just fine but slowed the kite down & it was less responsive to small inputs. When the wind slowed the lines drooped with a big sag but the Rev still flew. Next time back to the 90# but now I know you can use 150's in higher winds.

• Like 2

30 feet is just nice for the B2 and I wouldn't go any shorter. For my Std, I've flown on 27, 25 and 20 feet and they feel very claustrophobic. Also you reaction time needs to be quick on the B2 anyway. I don't have any #50 spall mine are #90.

If I was ever limited to take just one kite set up it would be this:

B2 Std

2 wrap frame

Prefer 50 foot lines but 30 would suffice

11" handles

Hope this helps. Oh, I've now got magic sticks on my B2 so probably could push the top end a little higher... A word of warning though, above 15 mph on the B2 Std is very addictive, and sounds like a light sabre!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

With the proper frame...its a blast in any wind. Small, compact... slack line stuff is off the charts..pop it and watch it spin. I run 50# 50' and 30'...sometimes 80'.

I am reaching for a B first....but my quick sessions lately are starting to roll towards the b2.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Totally agree with Paul. I was in the same boat for along time. Could axel the B2 off the charts but couldn't a B. Keep working at it and it will come. I found my issue was the proper "flic" of the handle in the power hand.

Try running at the kite some in the beginning...as you do it more, techniques will improve to where you can pop them standing still.

• Like 1