KiteLife Forum

The AKA and you...

John Barresi

Hi all,

Just thought I'd share this link around...

7a1b60dea6e9d2694cc4f4448fb06d7b

Please, please add your thoughts there - DO NOT waste them here, let's keep it all in one big room.

If you're not on Facebook, I understand... But, it does offer the largest audience (by far) and is a good place to start change. ;)

Speak your truth!

• Like 1

I highly suggest everyone join!! I did several years back, after realizing that I was missing a lot of info posted over there, not here or on the Rev forum!! Gotta manage yourself - it can be a time drain for sure, but so much info!!

I invite you to partake!! :ani_idea:

Just cannot do the FB thing

I could have sent $40 (or so) to join AKA and saved a couple of hundred bucks over the last year (in hindsight), with the AKA discount. But I would have been joining for the discount, not the membership or what AKA may offer.

I was told about event insurance. I appreciate that may be case, but at the time it was not worth filling out an application, sending $ etc. I never thought I would buy multiple kites and the discount would have been beneficial to me down the road. The discount needs to be instant gratification. Seize the emotion of a new kite purchase…that is just the society we live in.

I reviewed the mag looking for inspiration, sorry just not there. Looks like the scout’s Boy’s Life from decades ago.

I could have attended the AKA event in Seaside. I researched the AKA website, old vids etc. It did not seem fun, interactive. I felt it was pretty much just for the competitors. I wanted to fly, be entertained or interact.. not just watch the competitor clique. I could not find the inspiration to warrant the drive.

I really wanted to attend…just could not justify it.

As a newby, I don’t understand what the AKA can do for me. I respect the history, but I am not part of that.

I wanted a reason to join but could not find it. AKA feels like the museum in Long Beach, I appreciate it, but it is history. What can it do for me…I can buy trinkets in the gift shop.

T

really not trying to be negative...just honest about it.

• Like 1

Have you tried sending John a 'friend request' on FB? I seriously doubt that he would refuse, especially if you noted that you are 'photomom' in the forum.

I expect that would be true for all members here who are also on FB. I would accept any friend request from someone who said in the accompanying message that they were 'so-and-so' on KiteLife.

• 11 months later...

It's so fun being JB's friend. The sky is bluer, the sun is shinier, butterflies emerge out of nowhere, and kites magically fly whether there is wind or not. ;)

This put a smile on my face just now (again), thanks Barton. :)

It's what I do! And the sentiment is still true.

• Like 1

Hang on a moment, I need to grab my waders and a kleenex.

Save the watch! :)

However, my kites do fly better when he's around. I believe it's called stepping up to the challenge.

That's about one of the best compliments I could get, imho - I love hanging out with folks who raise my bar too.

• Like 3