KiteLife Forum

Karma - Happy Valentine's Day Prism Roll-Up Kite Bag (2/14/2014)

bbailey49

Alright, KiteLife friends. Here we go!

I would first like to thank windpoacher for the generous prize and KiteLife for the opportunity to pay it forward.

The next Karma prize will be a Valentine's Day Special. Drawing will be held on the evening of February 14th, entries taken up to the point of the drawing.

The prize is a Prism Large Roll-Up Bag in silver and black (http://www.thekiteshoppe.com/products/Prism-Large-Roll%252dUp-Bag-Blue.html). This bag is used, but just barely. This was my first bag and it came with me on one or two trips before I outgrew it. It is in impeccable shape and now it can be yours!

http://kitelife.com/forum/gallery/image/5170-/

http://kitelife.com/forum/gallery/image/5169-/

As one little added bonus, I'll throw in a set of my Rev Handle No-Snag Adaptors. If the winner isn't a Rev flyer or doesn't want the adaptors we'll work something out, probably in the form of a similar value gift certificate to The KiteShoppe.

To enter post clearly "I'm in"

Entry number will be assigned in order of entry.

Drawing will be done using the RNG method.

All entrants are welcome. I'll cover shipping to anywhere in the continental US. International entrants must be willing to cover the difference in shipping cost.

Good Luck All.

1. Joespickles

2. Nick Russell

3. mystainedskin

4. Tmadz

5. windpoacher

6. BrianS

7. Must86

8. Dayhiker

9. oldcaptainrusty

10. RevRookie

11. Grandpa

12. elmo264

13. Amexpmh

14. JustStuff

15. Imoaks

16. ninja

17. Reved

18. Greg McHugh

• Like 2

I have this exact bag, I keep my "non Rev" kites in it. I always thought it was a larger model speed bag. I recently got some new buckles for it direct from Prism at no charge! Great prize to whomever wins this one!!

• Like 1

I am interested in the adapters !! Is that your own Idea for a mod ? Brilliant.

I used some small ball joints, works well , I like yours better

Thanks! Those are mine. I Designed them and had them machined. It costs me about $16.50 a set (2) at the moment. We are working on lowering the fabrication cost to try to get that to the $12 range. I only use them on the bottom since I've never snagged the top, and it's cheaper that way ;) .

I am interested in the adapters !!  Is that your own Idea for a mod ?  Brilliant.

I used some small ball joints,  works well , I like yours better

Thanks! Those are mine. I Designed them and had them machined. It costs me about $16.50 a set (2) at the moment. We are working on lowering the fabrication cost to try to get that to the $12 range. I only use them on the bottom since I've never snagged the top, and it's cheaper that way ;) .

At the risk of sounding forward, got a photo?

• Like 1

Rob, the blue no snag words in the first post are a link to the instructions and some pictures.

Here are a couple pics of a finished handle. The blue heat shrink covers the interface between the adaptor and the handle end. There are some edges at that interface that could potentially cut the line.

post-7635-0-38944900-1391515395_thumb.jp

post-7635-0-11775500-1391515415_thumb.jp

• Like 1

I was a Barton Guinea Pig with a couple of sets of his adapters. They were easy to install with minimal tools needed. I really like this style and they work great. This does add 1/2 to 3/4 inch to your handle length. The change didn't bother my flying at all but some may want to cut the tube down to preserve the original length. For the tops I just did the plastic anchor and screw mod detailed by Nick. For longevity the Barton adapters are far superior. You can see your line and any wear. The short change out pig tails are next up on my list.

One more thing...

I'm in!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1