KiteLife Forum

New York Minute

NylonSky

Ok, Google finally found it, after several different attempts, and a bit of coaxing...........hmmm :g:

(Wouldn't think it would be that hard to find. I don't even see it on the Rev website. Seems it would be listed in the product line - Maybe I don't know what I'm looking for)

They are available to my knowledge.. People besides Rev have them already.

I didn't really see anything that special about the kite other than the venting. Panel layout is sort of similar for some reason...

Even then..it's a blend with the new venting? Just an addition to Rev... I.e. been done already..

• Like 1

I've seen the Std. and one of the mid-vent. The pattern is kind of appealing but I'm on the fence about owning one. Don't think it'll make much difference to me as my Rev skills aren't that sophisticated. Probably won't add it to my bag.

• Like 1

I hope the New York Minute takes off, pardon the weak pun, so maybe one day we'll see a "pro" version of it... With the way I abuse my Revs, I have a hard time justifying a regular 1.5 sized kite. I need the beefed up leading edge and wear strips!

Still, I'm hoping Ben will let me fly one at Kite Party (and a std and vented regular blast wink nudge)- just a month away :D

Seen a few of them, didn't know they were already available and in shops!! Looks like they used some of the vertical elements from the "B", and integrated the vents and graphics into that concept!! I'm wondering if the kite is based on using the "B" profile or uses the SLE profile!! There is a slight difference between the two, with the "B" more curved and the SLE straighter! Also the vertical rods are slightly more towards the outside on a "B" than an SLE! Puts a bit more air in the center for power! All info is IMHO, if anyone knows different, please correct me!! :ani_idea:

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

The specs listed are just for the green Race frame that's included standard..

I had the chance to fly the NYM at Kite Party, the standard, 20%, and 70%(?) models. I found they drop power through a bicycle turn a bit more than the B-Series, especially when at the top end of its ranges. This makes it less twitchy through bicycle-style turns under heavy load. IMO. Not better than the B, just different. I still feel the specs are inline with the B-Series when similarly equipped ;)

I had a tough time deciding between a 3 pack of NYMs and some new B-Pros. I really dig the LE and pattern on the NYMs! Pros won out in the end because I want full custom this time :)

JB may ban you from the forums for that Bob!! Lol. JK. The most comment feedback is that they are different not better. I don't think there is any chance of them stopping the B Series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5