KiteLife Forum

New to kiting and lovin' it

Rudy64

I'm a newbie here. Started going to kite fests last spring. I was amazed at at the stunt team flying. That's all it took to get me hooked. I started by buying my lady friend an HQ Symphony foil (she's hooked too). Then I bought a Prism Quantum for myself. I can't remember when I've had more fun. I've been out flying several times in the past 2 weeks. With temperatures around 10°, and the wind, I could only last about an hour. This past weekend was the first annual Sky Circus on Ice at Lake Lawn Resort on lake Delavan here in Wisconsin. The Chicago Fire, Windjammers, and Connor Doran (among others performed). I got to try a Rev and loved it. Quite different from a Delta. What a great time in the middle of winter! I just ordered a Prism E3, and can't wait to fly it. Anyway, I've just retired less than 2 months ago, and I think kiting will be occupying a lot of my time.

http://youtu.be/CFckYL1Zhq8

• Like 5

Welcome. Unfortunately, when I've been at the dells there's not much room to fly. Helps to have a frozen lake. Enjoy it. There's a couple of good festivals in Milwaukee late spring and late summer. Kenosha too. Try to hook up with a club or two to participate in group flies. Wisconsin Kiters and IL Kite Enthusiasts (IKE) are a couple in the region.

Welcome. Unfortunately, when I've been at the dells there's not much room to fly. Helps to have a frozen lake. Enjoy it. There's a couple of good festivals in Milwaukee late spring and late summer. Kenosha too. Try to hook up with a club or two to participate in group flies. Wisconsin Kiters and IL Kite Enthusiasts (IKE) are a couple in the region.

We did go to the Gift of Wings - Frank Mots event in Milwaukee last September, and it was fantastic. We'll be hitting a lot more kite fests this year.

Hi, Rudy, and welcome to the forum and the dark side. Also, check in at ikeclub.org, (Illinois Kite Enthusiasts). Another good free club and forum for Midwest people. All the area kite festivals will be posted there too. You don't have to be in Illinois to join and it costs nothing.

• Like 1