KiteLife Forum

What's your favorite light wind Kite.

Captainbob

If ya wanna see why I justified a AC SUL Lam just posted a video of the AC ULa few minutes ago. Man one of these days I'll fly like that 🤨 Probably be a few more repairs between now and then LOL.Guess I'd better go practice now or it ain't never going to happen.Man I'm so much happier in 30 degrees than this 95 crap. Heat makes my kites fly all wonky and my beer funky.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 3/20/2014 at 5:20 PM, Winged V said:

Dual line favorite low wind kite is the Widow Maker UL on 85 ish 90# LPG line, 100' 50# LPG in real low no wind , this kite flys in True SUL winds , my PBSK Vanishing Point wasn't getting out of the bag much in the summer lack of wind, cause of the flight of the WM...... Will do sweet old school and there not a lot of New school this kite doesn't excel at.

Been flying quads a lot for the last year and that favorite kite in my bag is a std b series pro framed in Diamond rods, tuned with a TON of brake. Have flown Paul's Zen a few times........Sweet Wing, gonna have one but for now the B works well for learning the low no wind thang.

i couldnt agree more...due to the low winds i usually have to fly in, probly 1-4 mph, having a full size trickster in the Widow Maker  UL Pro is  awesome. it came with its big brother, a STD which flies down to 4 mph, the UL down to 2.5 mph.

i bought them this winter from John Barresi. i first got interested in the Widow Maker when RobB mentioned it as his "desert island kite" ,  if the island is too windy  i'll take the Standard. both kites are great trackers, fast turning, a hint of understeer, and full of tricks. 

• Like 1