KiteLife Forum

Thought about flying today !

Reef Runner

I thought about flying today, until I went out for my morning walk. The winds were kicking, 15 - 20 mph out of the west, but the temps were in the low to mid 40's. Hmmm :g: Just not my kind of flying weather.

I know, I know, I'm going to hear words like "whump" and "indoors", from friends like Rob and Wayne, I'm sure (you might guess which comes from who), but what can I say.........I'm just a "Fair Weather Cruiser", I suppose :unsure:

No, I don't think you're soft for not wanting to fly. Maybe you just don't have the right clothes... yeah, yeah, that's it...

Here's what my fly after work looked like a couple of weeks ago...

IMG_4995.JPG

Yes, those are my footprints. 20* with a 10mph breeze. Midvent time !

• Like 3

40 degrees you don't really need a coat. Lol. I "wimped" out in KC with 12mph because it was 18 deg. I could stand the cold but traveling on business I didn't have a hat. Needed my Tilley and would have been goof to go. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mid 60s NE @8 blue sky amd the sun is warm. I may just have to do some casual flying ;)

That's just not right. This morning when I walked, it was in the 20's, both temps & wind. Sheeesh ! Mid 60's / NE @ 8 :big_bangin:

Dern southerners!!! We got nice weather, but little winds, up here!! Times we get both are few and far between!! Why I go indoor so much - as the Glider Geeks say - "We don't need no stinkin wind!"!