KiteLife Forum

Where to fly in Florida

Guest Gary the Rev

Guest Gary the Rev

I need somewhere to fly in Florida.....doing the parks,etc,,,as i have qualified for Eurocup in September (Cervia in Italy) i will need a day or two too practise, so the question is...i would like a beach, not to far from Kissemee...a couple of hours drive will do.....and if you fancy flying a Rev with a UK Champion :devil: ...just let me know guys......if you need some coaching, i would be more than happy to help you :wacko:

Thanks in advance..

Gary the Rev

Congratulations and welcome!

Italy, huh? I 'll have to look into what kite festivals are there. My daughter will be there for 3 years and we'll be planning a trip. If you get a chance, bring back any info in english.

You must be inland in Florida if you need parks. (?) It's surrounded with beaches you know. :devil:

BB

Penny

Most beaches are only 1.5 hrs away from Kissimmee.

I used to live there, but was not flying at the time so I can't give you the "inside" scoop. You could start at Cocoa beach and go south from there. Some of the beaches are going to be a little less touristy than others.

Guest Gary the Rev

Thanks guys for your co-operation, yes i was thinking of Cocoa Beach as my initial stop, whats best though for winds, Gulf coast or Atlantic, i'm there from 29th August for 2 weeks ( i know it's the hurricane season as well :devil: , vented Rev then!!!).

Be great to meet up with some of you for a fly, maybe at the weekend??

Gary the Rev

It would be great to meet you Gary. :wacko: How about coming to WSIKF Long Beach International Kite Festival. We'll all be there.

3,990 kites in the air at one time. I think that is their record. And we have a Rev field set up to give free lessons and meet people. You'd like it. :(

If not this year, maybe next? :devil:

BB

Penny

It would be great to meet you Gary. :( How about coming to WSIKF Long Beach International Kite Festival. We'll all be there.

3,990 kites in the air at one time. I think that is their record. And we have a Rev field set up to give free lessons and meet people. You'd like it. :)

If not this year, maybe next? :wacko:

BB

Penny

Wow, that sounds cool, I think I'll try and pop by!

:devil:

• 1 month later...
Guest Gary the Rev

Hi guys, back from vacation....nice time thanks!!

Met up with some of the guys from Hawaiian Kiteworks, Randall and his boyz, had a great time flying with them outside the Festival Mall, along International Drive, we flew right outside the Vans skatepark B)

I brought a little wind with me from the UK which seemed to help :)

I don't know how you guys handle the heat :)

If anyone ever goes to Florida checkout Randall's shop.........really nice!!!

Thanks for a great time!!! and "have a nice day"

Gary" the Rev" Matthews :)