KiteLife Forum

12 spots open for March Rev Clinic!

John Barresi

March 28-30, at the Sid Snyder Beach Approach in Long Beach WA.

Full info and registration form here - http://kitelife.com/enroll/?action=evregister&event_id=5

This is likely to be our only such 2014 NW event before taking off on our cross country tour - hope you can make it!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We park on the beach if it's packed enough, or use the lot if not!! Usually just to the left if you were to follow the road out to the water! There's a wind break we use as a base of operations, unless really wet out!

Wayne, I see the big wooden wind breaks are parked up on the side of Sid Snyder, just east of the Restrooms. The good news...I see a big grader out there this morning, grading the approach road :)

We had a great time at 'Long Beach with JB'!

A little cool, cloudy, some sun, as well as periods of liquid sunshine, but FAR better than forecast.

We are still the 'slow kids at the back of the class', but John gave us lots of things to work on.

If you can make it to a clinic with JB, you will not regret it!!!

• Like 1

Terry:

Glad you could shake loose for some indoor fun yesterday!! Folks, we got a live one here!!! First time indoors and he was looking good and flying better!! Just needs more time at it and I'll just start sitting and watching .............maybe not!! I'm having too much fun myself!!!

Glad you could join us!!

• Like 1

Individual feel thing really! I had long leaders with many knots made for the kite end of my attachment points! Changing at the kite side, lets me keep my handle end feeling consistent in my hands! Nothing ever changes there! I've found a pretty regular knot setting I use 95% of the time! Sometimes I change it for room dynamics if I need more drive or brake!

Neutral? For me - yes! For JB - probably not! It really is a feel thing, you find what works for you!

Most new Indoors need a little more flex for the LE, they come a little too straight for most, but that again is personal choice! Best to set it up next to another to compare LE flex!

Characteristics - I look for a "floaty" feeling, others something else! The LE bend seems to make the kite float more in the inverted position!

• Like 1