KiteLife Forum

Getting a set of BPro's

Larry OKC

for practicality's sake you'll probably end up with the inverted launch most often. For beginners it's LE up launch. Once you figure it out you'll have a couple of Rev's setup on the field for different wind conditions (since living in the middle of the continent lends itself to crappy winds) You'll just pick up the handles on one when the wind conditions change and launch inverted.

I just went though the beginner learning stage so it is pretty fresh in my memory. I began my learning , using an upright launch, because it was just one step, versus, the two step launch of inverting the kite first from LE down, and then launching. In erratic inland winds, may times, I will fly, and when the wind lets up, I will land with LE up, and then relaunch from that position. When I set the kite up now, after dozen of hours flying it, I set it up leading edge down, and then invert it from there and launch. I don't set up two kites, because I fly in a public park, and don't want people coming over to the kite I am not flying, while I am occupied with the one in the air, and doing something to it.

• Like 1

...and we smarta$$ revheads say we generally launch whichever way is up when we want to launch. The key is to not park the kite leading edge up, because as Wayne said, then it can fly away. A friend and long time kite flier on this forum (who I will not name to save him or her from embarrassment) had to strip down to underwear and take a frigid swim in the Gulf of Mexico this winter to retrieve his (or her) rev because it was left parked leading edge up.

• Like 1

Yep, as Wayne said, the upright launch is ok when you are first learning, but trust us, once you become familiar with the Rev, and actually begin to establish some control, you will begin to land (inverted) with the leading edge down, all the time, and you'll never think twice about it. It will become natural, and that is definitely the "PARK" position, for any Rev. You will also begin setting up the rev, from the inverted position, as well as launching from the inverted position. There's no reason to roll it over, before going up in the sky, just launch inverted, and once your are up, go for it, and do your thing...............

:rev_clockwork:

• Like 2

...and we smarta$$ revheads say we generally launch whichever way is up when we want to launch. The key is to not park the kite leading edge up, because as Wayne said, then it can fly away. A friend and long time kite flier on this forum (who I will not name to save him or her from embarrassment) had to strip down to underwear and take a frigid swim in the Gulf of Mexico this winter to retrieve his (or her) rev because it was left parked leading edge up.

It can also fly away, if you stake your handles with the brake on full, and park it LE down cause you forgot how you staked the handles. ;) Don't ask how I know that.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...