West Australian

Stacking Indoor Gliders

Hi All,

I am interested in Stacking some Indoor Gliders.

Particularly the iFlite Vented.

I had a quick attempt this morning and found they required constant pressure to keep in line.

As soon as I Let them glide out, the front one would tip and get pulled on its side, or flip over.

I had a connection from the Back Kites tow point through the front kites vent, and onto the front tow connection point.

I would like to hear from other glider stackers, what they have tried and learnt.

• Like 1

WA - I had just about the same issues with my stack of an iFlite II and a std iFlite!! I found when gliding out, the top kite was getting below the bottom kite and causing the bottom kite to flip over! Stacked in just about the same places too! As long as I kept them under power, everything was fine!! Landing was a disaster !!

• Like 1

try two attachment points from the spine (towards the back kite) so the second bridle does not come into play at all. Then the steering is done with the front kite and the back just follows along without a choice.

Precise adjustments will be necessary on the lengths of these two lines, since the wings aren't that large overall.

How much "bite or flutter" on the 2nd wing is appropriate?

(it angles away? or towards the first kite?) I'd start with "parallel" and experiment from there

• Like 2

Thanks for your comments Paul

The sail skin is glued to the spine along most of its length. There are the two points the bridle attaches on. It might be possible to thread through there.

Another option could be attaching where the spreader meets the wing LE. There is space there.

I will experiment again next week

I think using the spreader/LE connection points, might put too much stress on that fine diameter rod!! I'd be really careful with it, even using such small gliders!! IMHO!!

Here's a lot of "I'm not sure's"..

I've seen a clip of a lady (mature) flying a 3 or 4 stack of indoor single liners. Think they were iFlites... They were square-ish sails.

It was at a club fly or comp meet. Definitely in the US.

Was very cool to watch.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Video Tutorials

• Site Sponsors

• Similar Content

• By John Barresi
      Add on indoor clinic prior to the UK Quad Clinic, 4:30p to 9:30p, registration is $30 for 5 HOURS of indoor access and instruction with John Barresi and Josh Mitcheson covering all types of kites including single, dual and quad line.
      Indoor instruction examples - http://kiteforge.com/help
      Sign up link - http://kitelife.com/forum/store/product/78-uk-indoor-clinic-aug-29-2018/
      RSVP'd:
      @Flintfootfilly (Sarah) @FlyingHigh (Gavin) @Simon Cooper @sra7913 (Soren) @Gekko (Per) @drdante (Dan) Louse MJ @Stephen Sunderland @JWharton Diana M @Neil Lover @bluesign2k Caroline S @Caller Stephen Alice M
    • By John Barresi
      We're pleased to yet again announce the next prize being given away to our most appreciated supporters, the Kitelife Subscribers... For roughly 10 cents per day they play a major role in keeping KL growing in every way.
      The winner of this drawing will receive one brand new Kaiju by Kite Forge, complete with 7' lines ($135 value)...

Actual prize kite is white and blue, as shown in the photo and video above.
      ==
      Info on the Kite Forge website:
      http://kiteforge.com/product/kaiju/ http://kiteforge.com/help-tutorials/ ==
      If you haven't done so already, You can sign up here.

Odds of winning for this prize is currently 1/363, and will be drawn on June 10th, 2018!

Our thanks, and the very best to you... Let the drooling begin.
    • By KAP Jasa
      Kite aerial photo of a cute little church of St. Volbenk (Wolfgang of Regensburg) near Zelše, Slovenia.

Could st. Volbenk be a patron saint of kite flyers? See the whole KAP session and learn more about the church and the saint on our KAP website!

• By KAP Jasa
      Hello everyone!

We are two kite aerial photography enthusiasts - Janez and Saša -  from Ljubljana, Slovenia.

We would like to present you our just-launched, brand new kite aerial photography website!

All our adventures, mishaps, discoveries, stories and beauty from the air in one place, with info on KAP equipment, kite types, rigs and cameras, plus tips on how to do KAP science, and some links. 

Every visit, critique, comment and suggestion is greatly appreciated :-)

Thanks and have a nice day!

KAP Jasa

• By Pete Sobye
      I bought a Rev indoor, on a whim. Its Red White and Blue. In nearly new condition and it will come with a brand new set of lines, but no handles, as it didn't come to me with any.
      As Quads are my thing, I am looking for another rev, or other quad line kite WHY?? Possible PX with cash either way for the right kite.
      I am located in Cornwall UK but willing to post.
      Email me :- pete.sobye@icloud.com

• Upcoming Events