KiteLife Forum

Stacking Indoor Gliders

West Australian

Hi All,

I am interested in Stacking some Indoor Gliders.

Particularly the iFlite Vented.

I had a quick attempt this morning and found they required constant pressure to keep in line.

As soon as I Let them glide out, the front one would tip and get pulled on its side, or flip over.

I had a connection from the Back Kites tow point through the front kites vent, and onto the front tow connection point.

I would like to hear from other glider stackers, what they have tried and learnt.

• Like 1

WA - I had just about the same issues with my stack of an iFlite II and a std iFlite!! I found when gliding out, the top kite was getting below the bottom kite and causing the bottom kite to flip over! Stacked in just about the same places too! As long as I kept them under power, everything was fine!! Landing was a disaster !!

• Like 1

try two attachment points from the spine (towards the back kite) so the second bridle does not come into play at all. Then the steering is done with the front kite and the back just follows along without a choice.

Precise adjustments will be necessary on the lengths of these two lines, since the wings aren't that large overall.

How much "bite or flutter" on the 2nd wing is appropriate?

(it angles away? or towards the first kite?) I'd start with "parallel" and experiment from there

• Like 2

Thanks for your comments Paul

The sail skin is glued to the spine along most of its length. There are the two points the bridle attaches on. It might be possible to thread through there.

Another option could be attaching where the spreader meets the wing LE. There is space there.

I will experiment again next week

Here's a lot of "I'm not sure's"..

I've seen a clip of a lady (mature) flying a 3 or 4 stack of indoor single liners. Think they were iFlites... They were square-ish sails.

It was at a club fly or comp meet. Definitely in the US.

Was very cool to watch.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Exult
      What are you focusing on now? Which exercises or figures are you returning to? What is learned from them? A post of yours regarding a certain exercise might include (baked in) answers to a few of these questions:
      What are you working on now/recently? What did you learn and how did you do it? What do you think your hands/body were doing (if you were successful)? Why is it a good exercise for you? What was the feeling? Come on don’t be shy – even the silliest comparison/analogy/image might talk to someone. What were the necessary steps/skills/realizations before this exercise? What kite and line length do you prefer to use for the drill? What are the most favourable conditions to start out doing the exercise? Are there any other exercises or context in any form of kiting where your recently gained wisdoms are applicable to, like medium wind kiting with longer lines or perhaps kiting with another number of lines? If you didn’t post the exercise, but instead tried to follow the advice given, how did it go, are there any remaining question marks? Can something be described in another way? Perhaps you want to repeat an exercise suggestion, but in your way? It is fine to return to this topic if you realize something more about a drill/exercise half a year later or so, whether you originally posted the suggested exercise or not. 1, 2 or 4 lines are all fine, but consider to clarify if not obvious. Typically used line length?
      Without knowing it, you might be holding a piece of somebody's puzzle or provide an exercise that unlocks another ability for someone. Expressing something for someone else clarifies it for yourself as well. Sing it out!!
    • By vnkite
      Here are kite photos that taken by fly-cam.
      They are "Dieu Sao", a Vietnamese traditional flute kite. Together with "Ao Dai", "Dieu Sao" is a word that not translated into English...

(See more at DieuSao.Com)
    • By vnkite
      If you are curious about Vietnamese kites, looking for Vietnam kite festival news etc., here's the link: https://dieusao.com
      It's the Vietnam Flute Kite forum. Though all members post articles and comments in Vietnamese, you may use Google Translation to understand their meanings.
      Have fun with kites world-wide!

• By vnkite
      Let's enjoy the most interesting shoots about kite flying...
      ... coming from Vietnam Kite community!
      The best video of kites ever, do you think so?
    • By bsturmco
      View Advert OSKUSA Exodus Full Sail and Exodus Max Vented
      For Sale is an OSKUSA Exodus Full/Standard sail kite and an OSKUSA Exodus Max Vented kite. Both were bought in 3/2019 from Ocean Shores Kites. This is the newest version of these kites; check the logo placement on the top RH side of the sails. These kites have A-Holes instead of mesh on the leading edge. They also have Center T's on the leading edge to hold the vertical spars.  Both kites have Crystal T2 frames, come with a canvas bag, and include an extra endcap with bungee. The two kites are in excellent/great condition.
      Asking $275 for both, but am willing to sell them individually for $145 each. PayPal payment only. I will provide free shipping. Will sell to USA only.
      Please message me with any questions or additional photos. THX!
      Advertiser bsturmco Date 05/16/2020 Price $275.00 Category Kites (Quad Line) Brand OSKUSA Model Exodus  
  • Upcoming Events