KiteLife Forum

Magic Sticks .. the next level

mystainedskin

I ordered on Tuesday and they arrived today Thursday.

wb31j7.jpg

When you buy 10 pieces of one kind they throw in a couple of extra batteries. They also sent me a couple of freebie lights. Here's a promo code for you guys to get a 10% discount.

2q9b9d2.jpg

• Like 1

When you buy 10 pieces of one kind they throw in a couple of extra batteries. They also sent me a couple of freebie lights. Here's a promo code for you guys to get a 10% discount.

You must have sweet talked them then because I didn't get any extras( except the discount code). No matter. I'm pretty happy with them. Taking a break from trying to get these attached. I'm having a hard go at the moment.

EDIT: Ooops. they were at the bottom of the bag. Didn't see them at first.

Using the tape only, makes the light somewhat unreliable depending how well it is taped. Here is 2 small strips of velcro glued to each other on each side of the stick. Then attach lights to the velcro. Maybe add a rubber band.

67m99x.jpg

• Like 1

We affixed one on first (painter's tape) and then added the second light separately during our Wildwood testing sessions. We abused the crap out of it to no ill effects. We held it on tight with a rubber band on the outside. This way you could dismantle it easily and pack away for next time.

I want a more stylish and permanent solution on my own kite though

• Like 1

I rolled just a little painters tape around the shaft to give some grip. I then sandwiched two lights around the shaft and wrapped with about 8 inches of tape. Finished by wrapping one rubber band around a few times to hold snug. I give credit to that painters tape being a little stronger than I thought. Took 5 minutes total. I was flying a B series with race rods in 7-8mph steady winds last night for two hours. No problems whatsoever. Held firm and still firm when I took them off. I don't want to take them out of the housing because I don't want to have to keep track of pieces and put them back together next time.

I'm still a novice on the lines, so I can't really speak as to how much it affected control, but it was a blast with music and changing colors.

I would definitely try different colors for team flying. That would be pretty neat I think.

• Like 2

One thing too point out. Our initial setup was at the rear of the stick, farthest from the kite. This will produce a larger light circle on the sail.

Same for me. Easy to do. Didn't appear to slide at all. Some masking tape and a rubberband.