KiteLife Forum

recommend a kite for me! Just getting back after 20yrs

matlocc

Well I am looking to get back in after a while off to raise kids. I am very experienced in old school kites and am ready to jump into the new stuff out there. I was looking at a quantum pro or a deep space. I want to get the best and most responsive kite available. Money is an option but not really for "the best" kite available. Any suggestions?

• Like 1

You're not too far from Skyburner kites in Plymouth, MI. Kites and Fun Things is the shop. Jon Trennepohl has some amazing kites. Although, some people have recently love the recent Widow NG from Premier which he designed. His own kites are Made in America and they have unsurpassed customer service. Check out their webpage or better yet call them and they'll help you find the right kite.

You're not too far from Skyburner kites in Plymouth, MI. Kites and Fun Things is the shop. Jon Trennepohl has some amazing kites. Although, some people have recently love the recent Widow NG from Premier which he designed. His own kites are Made in America and they have unsurpassed customer service. Check out their webpage or better yet call them and they'll help you find the right kite.

They also sell the Widow NG at Kites and Fun Things, that is where I ordered mine. They also sell a 3/4 size that Premier makes called the Wolf NG, that was designed by Jon Trennepohl, which is also getting some excellent reviews. http://www.kitesandfunthings.com/category.aspx?categoryID=1

What are the pros flying? I have some, i may part with to fund it. I have a 3/4 hawaiin stack, a three rev stack signed by the brothers, 2 phantoms signed and numbered a spinoff and a 10ft flexi. Looking to get the "Best" available.

• Like 1

Since you mention the QPro and Deepspace, I'll assume that's your budget. With that budget, I would strongly recommend the Widow Maker, made by Skyburner. It is more forgiving than the two kites you mentioned, and capable of every trick in the book. Of the kites you mentioned, I would put the QPro at the bottom of the list. It is a very demanding kite, although it is very precise & easy to fly figures, getting tricks out of it (properly) is very difficult. The one shortcoming of the Deep Space is that it is not very stable in the backflip (turtle) position.

Quality wise... the Benson and Skyburner kites are top notch, and the QPro isn't far behind. One of my QPros was not assembled properly, and wouldn't fly. It kind of soured my opinion of 'Prism Quality'.

Good luck with your choice !

ok now should I go with the widow maker or the widow ng?

If money is no object, the Widow Maker is probably the better choice. I didn't want to spend that much, so I am very happy with the Widow NG, which is about 1/2 the price of the Widow Maker.

If money is no object, buy both. You'll fly the NG at times you won't fly the WM. I prefer my Revs but fly the NG for something different and really like the NG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I had a Widow Maker, several years ago. It is probably the finest dual line kite, that I've ever owned (not saying that there aren't some better kites out there). Actually, it was the finest dual line kite, that I ever owned. Unfortunately, I said good-bye to my Widow Maker, when I got into quad line kites (Revs). Looking back, I probably should have hung on to it, but it just wasn't seeing any air time, so, away she went. I don't think you will be disappointed with that choice. I'm no dual line trickster, at all, but I do know one thing, that Widow Maker is one "sweet" flying machine, whatever your flying style, may be !

good luck :dual:

• Like 1