KiteLife Forum

Alternatives to prism quantum pro

imranipatel

Lots of alternatives out there it depends on what you actually want the kite to do.

Do you want a precise accurate competition kite for performing patterns?.

Or a freestyle tricky kite for kite tricks?

or something in between the two?

Don't get "married" to just looking at Prism kites!! There are plenty of manufacturers out there making a lot of other choices too! Prism makes a great product, but so too do others! My advice is to look at all your options before deciding on any one kite!!

• Like 1

The R-Sky Nirvana is a good one. The Kymera and Hydra are great kites (Shout out to Paul and John) in a great price range but I believe they only have 1 model, a std. No vent or sul. If u plan on competing or even just demoing you need to be ready for all wind conditions.

• Like 2

It is hard to beat the QPro in the precision game, but it is a difficult kite to fly well. I'm still working on getting the most out of my QPro after owning 5 of them in the last 10 years. Skyburner makes a few kites that are close to the precision of the QPro, but can trick with more forgiveness to the pilot. A great all-around kite from them is the Solus, and it's a little bigger than the QPro, if you count that as an advantage. Skyburner's Delta Drive is known for it's precision, and the best all-around forgiving kite is the Widow Maker.

If you're not a Skyburner fan, Sky Sport Design makes some great kites that trick & have good precision. They're a little pricey, though. Consider the Kymera by ITW, as well. It's a little smaller than the QPro, but can cut sharp turns & trick. It is also good bang for the buck.