KiteLife Forum

Scott, you try P90s (or lighter) yet?

Keen to hear your feedback on it. :)

only 2 wrap as of now..but along with the bungee and no bridle it has been fun. Flew in about 4 mph at Everbank field yesterday on 30'...interesting and the most wind I have put the test subject in so far.

I plan on doing a p90 or tapred rod setup sometime soon....just for giggles guys and gals. I have alot of time available to play compared to most people.

• Like 1

I fly everything stock..other than a handle mod. In no way am I saying the b2 doesn't fly well. In the right conditions. .it ROCKS! And the full vent is one of my favorites...throw axels to flic flacs in high wind. The sail pops like a leather belt snap :P

The low to no range is what I am shooting for...short, stout, compact, quick. ..like an assualt rifle for an urban soldier. The 1.5 suites me well in this situation...but just a little too big. Especially, public places crowded by the public. The Zen even bigger..it may be a case of the burrow following the carrot. ..but it's fun learning and experimenting. Nothing major like sail redesigning. ..just quick and easy stuff. 5/10 minute top type of things . ..so

Heeeehaaw.....is that the right sound? :P

• Like 2

I flew the B2 yesterday as the winds were booking right along. It's a test to fly this kite precisely and a flailer's dream to yank and spank it.

It's framed as a 3 piece Race leading edge, with micro-carbon training wheels and a slightly modified french bridle. It was flown on 60 feet of LPG on 13 inch no-snags.

Once in awhile it would go so far up wind (for a catch) that I could side-slide it back around instead as i feverishly pumped my legs in reverse. I felt like,.... Burka ,.... except he doesn't move his feet at all or WATCH the kite, he might even be doing it one-handed upwind!

Anyway this is such a super fun-sized platform, if I lived near the beach it might be the only kite I'd ever need. Want to learn the Falling Leaf? This kite gives 'em away from a sitting position!

• Like 2

I received a solid core bungee with some winders recently...gave me enough to do another swap. This has less tension than the stock...About the same as the replacement I used..But return is quick and precise and not to spongy. Should be more durable than the corded version.

You can do some wild stuff with this size for sure. I have a few other priotities on the kiting needed list....but some sticks are in order. Atleast for a little while ;)