KiteLife Forum

Gliding into Summer... June !

RobB

I've been doing a lot more gliding since I found my larger gliders... thought I'd start a June thread to see who's gliding in the summer heat...

Starting off... this is my Guildworks Tetrafoil S, backyard gliding with one of the tails attached. It was a little windy and the kite behaves better with a tail. It can still glide & be controlled, but with a steady wind, it will fly like a regular SLK.

IMG_8027.jpg

IMG_8049.jpg

IMG_8108.jpg

IMG_8109.jpg

IMG_8111.jpg

IMG_8112.jpg

IMG_8116.jpg

Smooth Winds !

• Like 7

Thanks ! Yeah, not much room with the kid stuff & the garden, but at least I don't get hung up in the tree branches anymore... had a massive cutting a few weeks ago. The big building in the backround is a gymnasium that is available to village residents... just never took the time to sign it out to fly truly indoors. I'll have to try that someday...

With all the trees around here I'm lucky to find an outdoor site. But gliders have taught me to fly most anywhere. Now I fly two line all the small places too. Quads need a bit more room at my level of skill, but I'm getting there. Drove around with about fifteen kites in the old Yukon yesterday and a decent wind forecast for the area I was located. You can guess what happened.... yeah just little teasing puffs of wind. Of course I did not have a glider with me.

I finally got an iPrey on Sunday! They finally arrived at my LKS.

post-5404-0-08252200-1403155451_thumb.jp post-5404-0-17258500-1403155502_thumb.jp

In-flight pictures are so hard to get. I had the camera on the floor pointing up and set to take a pic 10s after I pressed the button. Unfortunately, with burst mode there was no flash :( so that didn't work. Took many tries at one picture at a time.

post-5404-0-49195800-1403155524_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Thanks! I don't know how it flies compared to the iFlite because I don't have one of those. Definitely agree with the visual appeal. I saw some pics of the iPrey and knew I wanted one. Didn't have that reaction with the iFlite when I first saw them.