KiteLife Forum

Dual line Kite Swap squad IDEA: (Advance features kites only)

Here is an idea i like to share with the kitelife community and get some feedback and volunteers to take it to next level.

Dual line Kite Swap squad: (Advance features kites only)

Please add your name and dual line stunt kite (a 2nd kite that you loan to the swap squad) to express interest in dual line Kite swap squad idea.

Idea is to create a swap kite squad list and swap the kite among the members so that each kite pilot have opportunity to fly different kites each month.

Idea is to keep the kite for 25 days and mail the kite to next assign swap pilot. Kite should be mailed to next swap pilot on 25th of the month.

Cost and potential risk:

mailing cost each month to mail kite to next squad member

swap squad can damage or over use your kite.

Advantage:

Kite Swap Pilot will have opportunity to fly different dual line kites.

Kite squad qualifying criteria:

Kitelife subscriber

Or

More than 50 post

Or

Successful deal in kite sale or swap section

• Like 3

The Fractured Axel forum in the UK use to have a similar thing - the kite library - forum members could borrow a kite for a month before sending it on to the next person on the list and the only cost was the posrage to the next person. the problems they had were keeping track of who had what and a very small minority of cases of newish member borrowing kites and then disappearing. It's a good idea but takes a bit of organising.

I agree with Hedge. It would take some assurances that my Quantum Pro would return to me in the same condition that it left. I have a Prism Elixir and a Prism Illusion that are still in pristine condition, but who would want to fly them as they have both been discontinued. Cool idea, I like it :cat_biggrin:

Damn right I would like to fly the Elixir but then fear sets in that I would easily break it and I couldn't do that to another flier knowing these kites don't come around often. I would need help fixing it as good as new.

• 1 month later...

I have 2 'new' identical SKYDOG Dream on kites (rainbow on black) which have been flown once which I'm possibly looking to trade.

The kites were very recently purchased for the purpose of flying multiples (one from each hand) however the pull is a little too strong for my liking. The Dream on is essentially a team kite offering excellent precision and tracking with decent trick capability. (Kite of the year 2012)

I would be willing to trade for 2 full size UL's .... depending what they are (don't mind old school) or 'possibly' for a Rev quad complete with line set and handles.

My location - Ontario Canada.