KiteLife Forum

FW Silver Fox 2.5 Vented - Opinions?

Hadge

I've got the chance to get hold of a used Silver Fox 2.5 Vented at a good price and wanted some opinions on it as I've read it is supposed to be a pretty good vented. Basically I'm looking for something to use between my standards getting to fast - around 15mph and low/mid 20's mph when the Delta Hawk gets interesting. Any thoughts/opinions/tips gratefully received!

A vented kite is good for winds up to 15mph. After that, it's 4 line time ! I always liked the looks of the SF vented. If it's a good price, jump on it... another kite is ALWAYS a good idea !

• Like 1

It's a big kite! Unbroken LE it's is long. Needs a good breeze to fly. It's the first Vtd I've tried and generates a decent amount of pull. Finish is good but check the sail to standoff connectors as they are a little plasticy and are prone to come off in storage. Flies nice. Fade is surprisingly easy. I don't click with it (yet...) but I'm only still learning. Great looking though, the red and black looks really menacing!

• 2 weeks later...

Loved my vented SF when the wind was beyond the comfort zone of the standard. Now I've been seduced by the dark side, so haven't flown it for several years. IMO, a great kite for the price range - but I could not compare it with the premium kites since the Silver Foxes were the top end of my dual-line possessions.