KiteLife Forum

Try to decide what to get

Talonnz

Newbie question - Looking to buy my first kite. Was trying to decide between the Peter Lynn Vibe 1.3, Prism snapshot 1.2 or a symphony Beach 1.3. Any advice? just looking to learn the ropes. Also im about 100kgs if tht matters

Thanks in advance

If you want casual flying go for the Prism 1.4 or something similar. I use my parafoil for fun and pulling. I have the 1.9 for use in higher winds and I'm about 120kgs. It gives quite a workout.

• Like 1

All three of those kites are fairly equal in pull and performance. Whichever suits your fancy will be fine. They don't pull very hard, so they will be a bit easier to learn. A larger kite will pull more, and anything over 2.5 meters will be a really good workout, once you have control. I recommend starting small to learn, and once you are in complete control of the kite, stepping up to a larger one.

• Like 1

I have the Symphony 1.8 and can't comment on the other 2. I'm looking to buy.the 2.2 to increase my pull. I think you'll find any of those kites to be a blast to fly but you may want to move up in size later. I recently asked HQ what the difference was between the 'Beach' models and the 'Pro' models. This is what they said:

We offer two versions of the Symphony to allow for different budgets and preferences. Both kites are great flyers and excellent for a wide range of pilots, however the Symphony pro series is the higher end option with a sewn bridle and higher grade Ripstop-Nylon material, while the Beach series is considered entry level and has a knotted bridle and Ripstop-Polyester fabric.

The choice is yours but I thought you might want to be aware of this if you compare price/quality of the Symphony kite to the Prism

• Like 2

Thanks for the reply guys. Very helpful :) Thought I will try the Peter Lynn which I can get from a local dealer, compared to the prism which is from amazon. If i enjoy it, which im sure i will, I will go bigger.

Also thought if i do enjoy it, i might try and start a lunch time kite club at the school I work at haha. I am teacher.

Thanks again :)