KiteLife Forum

Karma - Prism ZERO-G with a drawing twist (9/1/14)

Fred van Curen

September 1 prize: Prism ZERO-G Glider Kite. Color- Flame.

main.jpg

Drawing details: Each participant will receive a number based on the order of entry (Fred, please correct me if that is not how you intended to assign the numbers). Numbers will be placed in a kite bag. On September 1, the winning number will be drawn. To participate in the drawing start your post by saying "I LIKE".

(moderators note: I like that Fred is shaking it up a bit. Nowhere in our original rules was there anything that said the entry phrase had to be "I'm in". I added that in the standard note, but see no reason why that has to be the rule. So I have removed the specific references to "I'm in" and left the entry phrase up to the discretion of the drawing host. Please make every effort to start your entry post with "I LIKE". Otherwise folks may mock you for not reading carefully.)

Standard Karma Note:

This is a Karma Drawing. The winner of the drawing is expected to pay it forward by offering their own prize for the next drawing. Please do not enter unless you are willing to offer your own prize, preferably not the prize you just won. Drawings should be open for entry approximately 2 weeks, and the next drawing should be posted as soon as possible to keep the Karma rolling.

These drawings are run by and for KiteLife members. The moderating team only ensures that your drawing post contains all of the pertinent information (drawing date/time, adequate prize description, drawing rules) before approval. If you are a KiteLife member, and you reside in the lower 48 states of the US, you are eligible to enter. You do not have to be a paid subscriber. (Edit to reflect rule change) Members from Canada, Alaska, and Hawaii are welcome to enter the Karma drawings provided they are willing to pay half of the Karma prize shipping cost. The method and timing of the payment will be agreed upon between the two parties after the drawing for a particular prize.

Here is the link to the original Rules and Guidelines thread: http://kitelife.com/forum/topic/5426-rules-and-guidelines-please-read/

The mechanism for the drawing itself is entirely at the discretion of the person offering the prize. In the past, entry number has been determined either by order of entry or by the post number in which the member declares Im in to the drawing. The drawings have been performed using the RNG method (http://www.random.org/sequences/) or by choosing the numbers out of a hat (I believe an adorable daughter did the picking in that scenario). The only requirement is that the method of selection is clearly spelled out in the drawing post.

Entry into the drawings is done by STARTING a post in the drawing thread with the entry phrase chosen by the drawing host (Traditionally "I'm in", but "I LIKE" has been used as well). In order to remove any confusion or misinterpretation, only entries with posts that START with the phrase will be considered. As with all other KiteLife drawings, bantering is encouraged. This is for fun after all.

Entrants:

1. Must86

2. mystainedskin

3. makatakam

4. RevRookie

5. etully

6. Imoaks

7. mtgrizzly52

8. Joespickles

9. mywindstuff

10. pickensw

11. Reef Runner

12. Who's next?

• Like 2

Fred, that is an awesome prize. Thank you for keeping the Karma going in such a great way. Since I already own that exact kite, I will be sitting this one out (unless no one else enters), but I expect many people to "LIKE" this prize and enter. Come on, folks, get entered into this drawing.

• Like 1

Already have this exact same kite. Have had many hours of pleasure flying it. When I first saw this kite on the Prism web site a couple years ago I thought "Who would possibly want a contraption like that? Don't gliders just get launched & slowly fall from the sky?" Six months later I was conspiring to get a Zero G & was able to buy it from a KiteLife member. In fact, during the transaction he invited me to become a member of KiteLife and a short time later I was a subscriber. It was a breakthrough for me. A way to learn about kites & share the process with all the friends I've met. Thanks Nick & thanks all in KiteLife. Even if you just read this forum & never join I thank you for being part of the kite world. This is a great glider, hope someone who really needs it wins.

• Like 3