KiteLife Forum

Rev Supersonic, Keep Or Trade?

Nick Russell

I'm new to quad line kites and still trying to learn to fly my Rev 1.5, but have a long way to go. I won a Rev Supersonic in my first Karma drawing, and everything I have heard about it has me about convinced that it will be a long time before my skills are up to tackling it. I have been giving a lot of though to pickling up a dual line stunt kite and would love a Widowmaker or something similar. I'd also like to find a beginner Rev for my wife. Should I look for a possible trade on the Supersonic if I could fined someone who has something to trade, or hang on to it for the day when I might be ready for it?

post-7889-0-88912800-1409798477_thumb.jp

Hey, Nick. You could always give it to me!

But seriously, if you have control of your 1.5, you can control this one. It has some moves that your 1.5 doesn't which you will appreciate with time. Don't be hasty. See if you get lucky again with the EXP first.

• Like 1

Keep it.

Fly it with a heap of brake until your reflexes are up. Or just fly it in std sail winds till you get used to it. The supersonic can do things a lot faster but only if you allow it. It's tough so it can handle some crashes. It is a very rewarding kite to fly in control. It will make you smile and laugh from your belly.

Keep it.

• Like 1

agreed, keep it!

Nick, it is something to grow into and the first time your click with the SS it will be so magical. You don't have to floor the vehicle's throttle to enjoy the ride, right? But knowing those horsepower ponies can come barrellin' out of the corral whenever your want 'em is comforting. Once you master the quad-line flight characteristics it's just another kite, with a supercharger & in-line laughing gas boosting for you both!

• Like 1