KiteLife Forum

It takes 2.....

mystainedskin

I have wanted to do this for sometime now. Just never put forth the effort for some reason..I don't know why.I have practiced one handed flight in both hands, but never gathered 2 complete identical setups. My Rev flying has slacked due to pains and Kap play..So what better way to dive back in?

Recently, I did a little short line flying on a friends midvent (Queen B was her name) and after a difficult Kap session I met a onlooker who was "sortof" into kites and was interested to see a quad. So I pulled out the B Pro still on 30s and handles ready to roll.With just enough area to do 360s over his head and the 1 close vehicle..an axel or 2 and some catch and toss action. I have to say.....it felt DAMN GOOD!

But it left me thinking about that tandem flight that has been lurking in my mind..I watched this once again for the gajillionth time..

Gettin' it off my Chest - Steve de Rooy - Multip:

Thats all it took...Tonight.... I set forth the time and patience to mend wounded warriors (2 Bs) and give them a thorough checking. I gathered 2 sets of everything. Handles, multiple frame sets, line sets......... it's on......let the journey begin!post-7551-0-41113600-1409998174_thumb.jp

• Like 8

It's for sure a challenge.

The first day had me in a crappy location.Wind was up and down and choppy. Today was better. I managed some figure 8s,turning the inside kite first...and some large slow opposite direction circles. No Derooy.....but a start. Going to work on the standard U shape pattern recommended for one hand practice...and not jump in to deep from the get go...keep it simple. It is funny how you can do things one handed in both hands....but at the same time :o the brain tries to trick you.

I am hoping by next time we meet...I may be able to bump elbows with the other Paul for a 4/2 some (or more if available). If the skills progress that is ;)