KiteLife Forum

A huge thank you to Dragonfish - a Karma drawing follow up

Hasek

Last fall Dragonfish put up a Gomberg 10' inflatable airplane kite. I was the winner and I finally got to fly the plane. I was nervous to fly this and was thinking it may be a handful due to size. Well, I was wrong, it actually was not at all tough to launch, fly, or land. It has zero pull, is slow in speed and response. It was fun flying it and I am glad it's in my bag.

Thank you so very much Joanna.

A friend and I launched it and both of us were flying it for a few minutes and Gary from Windjammers Stunt Kite Team came over with his. He said he had no idea why he decided to put his into his car for the trip down to the kite festival....lol.

Both of us flew around for a while and that was cool, a mini squadron! Gary and I packed them up, I grabbed the Cross Quattro and while setting it up I saw another plane kite. I walked over and spoke with the woman. She made hers. Evidently the Gomberg kite has plans on the net somewhere. She said she saw Gary and I flying and grabbed hers to get it in the air. Shoot, I wish she would have let us know she was going to bust hers out before she started to set it up. Then we could have had three in the air.

On a side note Joanna, even though there are no fish in this and it's not a dragon, I did pick up this yesterday. This thing is bad a$$. It's a kite from Indonesia and was picked up from an auction when a nearby amusement park went out of business. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it, but for the awesomeness of it and the price, I snatched it up.

post-5188-0-89254500-1410180010_thumb.jp

post-5188-0-74219200-1410180037_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Awesome. Thanks for posting the follow-up. Just a week or so ago I thought, I wonder how Hasek is doing with the airplane kite.

Looked like fun with the 2 planes. Maybe next year you guys can get all 3 up together. What festival was this at?

• Like 1

Wayner, it is slooooooow and makes BIG turns. Young ones could certainly fly it although I would consider getting longer lines to give them more room to complete the turns.

I am not sure if I am going to fly the dragon. I did get it with the intention of using it for decoration. It's bigger than I thought when I got it home, it has roughly an 18 foot wingspan and won't fit anywhere in my current home. I will be moving in the future at some point and hopefully the home will be set up to display this beautiful kite. If not I'll most probably fly it. I need to find out how to fly this thing as well as get the gear.