KiteLife Forum

Last KAPs of the Summer...

RobB

I got another couple of KAP sessions before the end of summer, not a lot of pictures, as each session was only about 1/2 hour.

IMG_6995.jpg

The new KAP kite (thanks, Nick !) & rig hanging off of it. The winds were over 20mph this day, and the pull from the Ultrafoil 15 was manageable. It did have an unnerving tendancy to dart off, almost horizontal to the right or left, but stayed in the air the whole time. I suppose gusts were up around 30mph.

G0031753.jpg

You can see from the ripples on the water, the wind was really ripping ! This is Mount Sinai Harbor, NY.

G0031874.jpg

And I was lucky enough to catch the Full Vent Rev in flight...

G0021611.jpg

This is one of our local town docks. I've wanted to KAP some of Port Jefferson harbor for some time... Finally got to it. This spot is a short walk from my house. ('bout time ?)

G0021617.jpg

I had my assistant with me for this session....

G0021637.jpg

You might be able to see my house in this shot, if the leaves weren't on the trees ! I can actually see the tall tree in my neighbor's yard. This spot will have to be revisited later in the year, once the town goes to sleep for the winter !

• Like 3

What a beautiful place and some really great shots as well. I may have to look into this KAP thing.

Getting into KAP is really easy if you have a GoPro. The rest of the equipment required only costs ~$100, and your time. Post or PM if you're interested...

Will, I guess you have to know when to say when. Winds above 20mph are getting unpleasant to stand out on the field and fly, especially with a single line kite. At least with 2 & 4 line kites, you move around a little bit !

I only have 2 fuzzy tails, but maybe a drogue tail would work. Maybe making a loop with the fuzzy tail would add more drag, too.

I only have 2 fuzzy tails, but maybe a drogue tail would work. Maybe making a loop with the fuzzy tail would add more drag, too.

Should have told me you needed a drogue. I've got several drogues, that I made, just for the Ultrafoil. Fuzzy tail is just what came with the kite. Let me know if you need more drag.

We can work something out, for sure. :ani_victory:

• Like 2