KiteLife Forum

A BIG Thank You to Revolution kites.

PereiraM

I have mentioned in another post about an opportunity to start a kite program through the YMCA and we have got the green light from them at this point and are now in the process of choosing dates for these events. They will be a 5 Saturdays program for children ages 7 to 15 and their parents. The program will be offered twice a year. As of this moment we have 12 families that have signed up for the program. I was very nervous about asking for help in this as I am going to be the one providing the kites for this program and decided to reach out to Revolution kites for assistance which they were happy to provide. I just wanted to personally thank Lolly and her Brothers for the assistance that they have offered. What a wonderful company and family. Thank you for all that you do for the kiting community.

• Like 6

Just a couple years ago I bought my first Prism kite. Had seen them before but the pretty little Flip kite snagged me that day. Several more Prism kites followed eventually leading to a large number of these fine kites. Shortly after my first Prism I walked into a kite store that had a video showing Revolution kites in flight. I had never seen anything like the quad Sportwings. A few months later I began my journey on the Dark Side. Now both of these brands dominate my kite collection. It is great to hear they are both supporting this kite program.

• Like 4

That's why I started a new thread about this. Anyone who wants to join in on this is more than welcome and it would be greatly appreciated. Also to let everyone know how it is going and to see if it can spread. To bring the joy of kiting to everyone willing to pick up the lines. I also felt as though I was starting to hijack someones thread. I plan on posting pictures and videos of each weeks classes as well as all of the classes as they happen.

• Like 3

Well here is a video of my first student. This is my 12 year old son who wanted to go out and celebrate an undefeated soccer season by flying some kites. This is only his fourth time on the lines. We spent about 3 hours out there today and this was taken about 20 minutes in. At the end of the day he had a pretty good inverted hover going. He was able to do some slides as well and he was getting pretty good a tip landings. Check out the big ole smile about 16 seconds in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmheqqi4cbo

• Like 7

Just a couple years ago I bought my first Prism kite. Had seen them before but the pretty little Flip kite snagged me that day.

Mundy............Would you be interested in one of those Prism, "pretty little Flips", that Dayhiker mentioned ? I've got one that I would be more than happy to send to you, just for the cost of postage. I've flown it once, so it's basically "brand new", and I believe it comes with line.............let me know via PM !

post-4670-0-91644800-1413161393_thumb.jp

post-4670-0-76396000-1413161296_thumb.jp

• Like 1