KiteLife Forum

HQ Infinity (11/15/14)

John Barresi

Wow! I just caught up to the drawing. Thank you JB I really look forward to flying this kite. Can I get you to bring it East? You and TK can come for a nice weekend of beach flying. :) I flew with Chris at the Carolina Kite Festival and look forward to flying more with him. I will be sure to send a thank you to him as well.

Yes Nick we always need one more... I need to get you to come to the Southern Outer Banks sometime and fly with us. Save about 2 hours of your drive to the beach.

Thanks again to all who participate in Kitelife. I love flying all kites and enjoy meeting as many of you as I can as I travel around.

Marshall

• Like 7

Congrats Marshall!

Maybe all of us NC flyers need to schedule a party! Outer Banks or Crystal Coast? Hmmm.....

I say one weekend a month at each spot, alternating. One weekend at the Outer Banks, next one at Atlantic Beach. Big cookout and bring your favorite beverage!

Oh and maybe we'll even fly some kites!

• Like 1

Monthly may be a bit ambitious for a spread out group, but I like the idea. You are about 3 hours from Atlantic Beach (Ft. Macon State Park) where we fly. If you are needing a kite flying fix next weekend venture on down. Karen is local, i plan to be in for the weekend, Ed comes down from New Bern and Chip/Caroline should be in for the weekend too.

Don and Jeri of Kites Unlimited are starting to plan some Kite Fliers Retreats". Not all the usual Festival stuff, just a group of people together to fly kites, somewhat loosely organized. Should be a blast. We will have a "center stage" for demos, presentations, mass ascensions, etc. but it will be all about flying kites. Let's keep in touch.

That is open to anyone wanting to join up and fly with us.

Marshall

• Like 2

Yeah, I was kind of joking about every month thing. I'd be nice but a bit unrealistic.

I lived for many years at Atlantic Beach, graduated from West Carteret back in 1980. Lived for a bit in Nags Head too. Can't seem to get too far from some kind of beach. Have a small place at Kitty Hawk now for little getaways and still get together down around AB or EI with the extended family for a week every year.

Ya'll still get together to fly most Sundays? What kind of time frame are you flying usually? i might show up one day if I can get the stars to align.

Next weekend?

Hmmmm.... :g:

• 2 weeks later...

Kite arrived today! Thanks Barton for handling the shipping. Thanks John for helping feed our kite flying addiction! :) Thanks Chris and HQ for pitching in. I'll try to get it in the air this weekend at the local club fly, and the following weekend back at the beach.

Marshall

• Like 4

The HQ Infinity came out of the sleeve and is ready to fly. I don't know how to add pictures in the post so I will add the link to the images.

http://kitelife.com/forum/gallery/image/5412-hq-infinity-inside-ready/

Outside.

http://kitelife.com/forum/gallery/image/5413-img-1190/

Notice how the grays blend into the cloudy sky. :)

http://kitelife.com/forum/gallery/image/5414-img-1191/

Decent wind this morning. I'd rather be flying this kite, but alas had to go to work. Maybe lunchtime?

Marshall

• Like 1