PereiraM

Name: My son on the Rev

Category: Quad Line - Individual

Date Added: 11 October 2014 - 10:38 PM

Submitter: PereiraM

Short Description: Sebastians 4th time out on the Rev

View Video

==

NOTE: This is an embedded video from one of the video sharing web sites (i.e. YouTube) and may not be the submitter's original creation, as videos are often shared or posted (embedded) due to popularity... To see the original uploader of the video, just click the logo (i.e. YouTube) in the corner of the video while it's playing.

• Like 6

Ok so we had a nice event yesterday for the Emerald Coast Kiteflyers Club and Sebastian got his hands on the lines again. Chuck and John were helping him with a little team flying. I think it was just getting him used to other kites being right on top of his but I think he did pretty good.

He can not wait until this Saturday for Flying High over the Harbor kite festival.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I can not wait until my son can fly solo, and I can fly along side of him.Right now he's at the point where it's just as much fun to fly as crash.

Wish there was a four line equivalent to the Prism Quantum... a bullet-proof kite that you could death dive into a parking lot, and fly away laughing!

• Like 2

I've done horrendous things with/to my Flexfoil Sting. It has the quad style handles, so the muscle memory that you start building is still applicable when you move on up. It is the kite I hand to strangers and with all the bashing, I don't think it has blown a stitch yet. I've been very impressed with the design, materials and build. I have heartily recommended it as a quad experience trainer before, and I still do. The whole kit comes in a nice backpack that lives under the seat in the car so it's available anytime. It was one of the better $60 I've spent, and my Rev's thank me for letting the Sting take the hook out of the learning curve.

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:28 AM

http://www.kiteland....y.asp?cc=022827

Alex at Kiteland in Victoria BC Canada has sold me two kites now. The first was a Prism 4D for light winds a couple of years ago. When we were there at Christmas and he discovered that I was in the Rev world now and I was moaning about broken sticks in my learning curve, he convinced me that I needed a Flexfoil 1.7 Sting because it was quad line but had nothing to break - a trainer to save the Rev. Given the cost of replacing rods, even my partner could see the logic of this! So Alex is a great salesman who knows his kites (even though the store has to sell other things to stay afloat these days) and works with people to help them find what they need - or didn't even know they needed!