KiteLife Forum

Indoor Rev

Wayne Dowler

I'm floored!!!

Just got home from an indoor flying session and my phone was flashing a message signal! It's from Lolly, telling me that one of the family has contacted them to make me an Indoor Rev!!! ME??!! My choice of colors too!! You don't know how many hours I've spent dreaming on that colorizer, all the while my budget says nope ain't gonna happen! And yet it is happening!! Now!!!

Thank You to whomever you are!! I will fly it with as much passion as the one I have now and honor the spirit in which it was given!

Still in disbelief ....!!!!

Again - Thank You!!

• Like 6

When you're hiking & someone leaves a gift along the trail for you to enjoy it is called "Trail Magic". It might be food, or a book, or even a special favor. But the best ones seem to be the anonymous ones. The wonder of the mystery allows a freedom of thought about the moment of joy. So I suppose you might call this "Kite Magic". Best wishes for your enjoyment of the newly bestowed gift.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You mean the difference between Indoor Revs and outdoor?

If so, they're totally different proportions...

Indoor Revs have a much larger amount of sail area (that's why the look chunkier) and lighter rods.

Simply, increased sail to weight ratio to create way more sail pressure.

Not much good outdoors though - while the amount of sail area helps indoors, it's a limitation in outdoor wind making it quite difficult to fly precisely.