KiteLife Forum

B2 two stack

Hasek

I picked a three B2s a bit ago. First I got one from JB, then got two more that came to me already stacked. I've flown the single a few times, and today I finally got to fly the two stack.

What to say about it? Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha, AWESOME! I love the IIs and the B2s.

I need to shorten up the two lower stack lines to eliminate the small amount of rear kite wobble, but other than that, they flew great using the seven Rev stack line method. I started them on the same leader knots I fly my 1.5s on and it did okay. The wind picked up and I moved the upper lines in one know and it was better. I'd imagine once I add the third B2, it'd probably be the normal leader knot.

One question for the stack fliers, when I landed inverted and staked the handles, the rear kite kept flopping down. It wasn't a big thing to just launch the kite, the first started flying and then the rear popped right up. Although I'd prefer both to stay. Any suggestions?

gallery_5188_345_167996.jpg

• Like 3

The kite(s) in front block some of the wind, unless the wind is really strong. You can stake the handles and pull them towards the stack to make them lean back a few inches further, where < and > represent the handles and v represents the top leaders. The stake is placed at the bottom of the v.

| |

< >

V

• Like 1

If you land in the centre of the window, the rear kite basically gets swirled wind. Usually from up and over the kite/s infront and comes from behind it. Blowing it down. I've had a bit of success landing of to a 45* that way the rear sail gets a little pressure in it.

When doing adjustments to the bottom rear train lines, do small changes then fly. Little by little. What I did to tune mine was an extra loop when affixing the train line to the end cap. Pulls it in in small amounts and it can be kept very even.

The other thing is stacks don't like too much brake.

Like the colours!

• Like 1

I you must have both upward. You can land l.e. down and "slide" the front kite some...this helps get the flow to the rear kite.

I have done a 4 stack b2 and rev2 mixed...it gets pretty fun and would recommend stronger line once you get to 3 stack and above. I have broken several 90# lines.I use 200# that came with the Power Blast.

Also check bridles for wear at the caps more often...nothing like blowing out 2 or more L.E. at once when a bridle section pops.

ENJOY! Try not to smile alot :P

• Like 1

That makes a bunch of sense Mark. I'm a bit miffed I didn't think of that. Scott, that's a great idea as well. Rob, thanks for the adjustment tip. I like that a whole bunch more than messing with knots until the adjustment needed gets finalized.

Scott, you said "if you must have both upward". Do the rear flopping down is no issue for you and you just roll with it?

Yes. With l.e. down and all kites in the stack standing.

I like when the trailing kites fall(all but lead kite). It reduces pressure at the staking point.

Reverse launch is quite reliable and dependable.

But just as mentioned above. You can wiggle or slide the front kite over for launch and use the same wiggle for a belly down single kite launch to raise the traling kites....or just go for it. They will wiggle and jump around..but within a few feet, they will snap into position. Some foot work may be needed in both situations.

• Like 1

Here is the mixed stack as a 4some.Broke a bridle section in Wildwood and took out2 l.e.as a 3 stack... I disassembled after that..but a progressive stack is in mind now that we are talking stacks.

Can't really see it in the pic... but upon landining , the slide is put into effect before full ground contact and the kites are staggered. .not in a straight line. This will help them all remain standing.post-7551-0-82161000-1414659090_thumb.jp