KiteLife Forum

Carolina Kite Club/Kites Unlimited 27th Annual Kite Fest

Amexpmh

I'm stoked and ready for our Southern Outer Banks (SOBX) kite festival at Atlantic Beach, NC. Don, Jeri and Brett Dixon are hosting the latest in a long line of kite festivals based in the Atlantic Beach area. Visiting from the West Coast will be the Sundowners, Ray Wong and Randy Toms. More local kiting celebrities Chris from HQ, Cath & Eliot Shook, and I think Jim from Sky Dog will be at the fest.

Several Kitelife regulars and local pilots will be on the field with SLK's, Rev's, dualies and fighter kites. Talented pilots and skilled kite building craftsmen will be available in a laid back, friendly atmosphere. This event last year was my first festival. I put up a SLK, kept the Rev in the trunk. That didn't last long as several rev fliers were more than ready to help teach me to fly the quad. The weekend started me on an adventure (read addiction) with all kinds of kites.

The weather is promising to be wonderful with our great daily breezes to allow all kinds of kite flying. Free fly, compete, watch, participate, teach, demonstrate, learn... you got it all available at this event.

I will be there, if you are not then you are the one missing out. :)

Marshall

• Like 1