KiteLife Forum

Great Day at Crissy Field

Craig Best

While visiting family in San Francisco, we went to historic Crissy Field near the foot of the Golden Gate bridge and launched my Symphony Pro 2.2 in some absolutely amazing winds. It was good seeing so many other park visitors stop to watch the kite. At one point, a golden retriever decided he wanted the kite and proceeded to chase the kite back and forth across the sky. The owner of the dog thanked me for giving him his exercise for the day! I wasn't able to clock the wind but this is clearly the max of my comfort level as the kite tried it's best to drag me across the field. The youtube link isn't the best quality but will give you a sense of how quick the kite was moving and how hard it was pulling.

IMAG2490_zps08ea0e5c.jpg

WhoaNelly_zpse6c3ec1f.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx-QqjdDrn0

• Like 3

What great scenery ! I would love to fly some kites there !

Indeed! As soon as my son moved there, I began scouting places to fly a kite there to catch some of the ocean winds. Crissy Field caught my eyes and my son flew his kite there a few weeks ago. I tossed my kite in the luggage and was excited to fly there.