KiteLife Forum

First video from our 5 month trip...

John Barresi

Oh, OK, I see what's up with the last catch now (you caught it, that's a win in my book)... I didn't see it the first time I watched. I haven't tried catching yet, and especially not throwing. There's nothing I can't stand more than straightening out tangled lines, so it will probably be a long time before I try. Thanks for the time spent editing & posting these videos, they're giving me a lot to go on to improve my flying. And also the video chronicle of your epic adventure... awesome !

• Like 1

Next...

For anyone outside the USA, the music track in the last video may prevent this video from being viewed in some countries, but you might try a YouTube proxy... Example site, use at your own discretion.

https://www.freeyoutubeproxy.org

Nick, your dunes are next. :)

• Like 5

Oh, OK, I see what's up with the last catch now (you caught it, that's a win in my book)... I didn't see it the first time I watched. I haven't tried catching yet, and especially not throwing. There's nothing I can't stand more than straightening out tangled lines, so it will probably be a long time before I try. Thanks for the time spent editing & posting these videos, they're giving me a lot to go on to improve my flying. And also the video chronicle of your epic adventure... awesome !

Really, can't say it enough Rob... Catch and throw is WAY easier than it looks, 30' is pretty hard to get tangled if you don't flail around. :)

Cut up some 5 cent kiddie lines or something and give it a shot, payoff is totally worth it!

Next...

Nick, your dunes are next. :)

Well that was just cool, John. You couldn't find a more appropriate spot, for a "First Flight" on the Outer Banks of NC. The Wright Memorial complex, is actually in the village of "Kill Devil Hills". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wright_Brothers_National_Memorial

I suppose that your next video "on the dunes", will be at "Jockey's Ridge". That of course, will be in the town of "Nags Head"..........(ever wonder how all those places got their names) :ani_victory:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking further, and I hate to be a downer but... I think the main issue is quantity - not sure the number of folks interested will outweigh the labor involved in preparing a DVD.

Possibly a digital download.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Good call Rob, I'll look into it.

The forum software we're using here should be getting a major upgrade in the next month or two, and we'll be getting some new ecommerce add ons that allow individual file download purchases... Should make things easier to manage with subscriptions, raffle tickets and other products items. ;)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...