KiteLife Forum

Brooxes Simplex KAP Kit or KiteLife Store Shopping Spree (12/31/2014)

bbailey49

Alright, KiteLife members, here is your next Karma drawing.

For this one, I'm giving you a choice.

You can win the Brooxes Simplex Kit (http://www.brooxes.com/newsite/BBKK/KITS.html). For those interested in getting into Kite Aerial Photography, this is the kit to cut your teeth using. Brooxes is recognized as making some of the finest equipment for KAPing that can be found. We haven't seen a drawing related to KAPing up to this point, and I know of several folks that dedicate a lot (or all) of their kite flying time to this niche of kiting. I hope that this might help someone who has been thinking about it take the plunge.

post-7635-0-65639000-1418760053_thumb.jp (camera and Gentled trigger device not included)

For those dedicated stunt kite fliers or those not interested in hanging a KAP rig from your SLK, I'll sponsor a mini shopping spree at the KiteLife Cafe Press store. I'm thinking somewhere in the $50 range. I would offer a specific item from the site, but then folks might not enter because they wanted another logo or a different color. I will work with the winner to figure out how the payment will work, probably an electronic gift certificate from Cafe Press with the winner promising to purchase from the KiteLife store not somewhere else in Cafe Press. We might as well help out JB while we're at it.

The entry phrase is "I'm in", I will use the RNG to perform the drawing, I will do the drawing some time on New Year's Eve and will accept entries right up until the moment of the drawing. As part of your entry post, please also let me know which of the two you think you would prefer. This will not be a binding decision, the winner and I will work out the details after the drawing. I would just like to see where the interest lies.

In case you haven't seen it, there is another exciting raffle taking place. JB is offering his services for 3 days to the lucky winner of his latest drawing. So once you enter here, go over there and buy yourself a couple of tickets too. (http://kitelife.com/forum/topic/6277-jb-for-a-weekend-2115/)

Standard Karma Note from the Moderators (me in this case :animal_rooster: ):

This is a Karma Drawing. The winner of the drawing is expected to pay it forward by offering their own prize for the next drawing. Please do not enter unless you are willing to offer your own prize, preferably not the prize you just won. Drawings should be open for entry approximately 2 weeks, and the next drawing should be posted as soon as possible to keep the Karma rolling.
These drawings are run by and for KiteLife members. The moderating team only ensures that your drawing post contains all of the pertinent information (drawing date/time, adequate prize description, drawing rules) before approval. If you are a KiteLife member from the US or Canada, you are eligible to enter. You do not have to be a paid subscriber.
Members from Canada, Alaska, and Hawaii are welcome to enter the Karma drawings provided they are willing to pay half of the Karma prize shipping cost. The method and timing of the payment will be agreed upon between the two parties after the drawing for a particular prize.

Here is the link to the original Rules and Guidelines thread:
http://kitelife.com/forum/topic/5426-rules-and-guidelines-please-read/

The mechanism for the drawing itself is entirely at the discretion of the person offering the prize. In the past, entry number has been determined either by order of entry or by the post number in which the member declares entry into the drawing. The drawings have been performed using the RNG method (
http://www.random.org/sequences/) or by choosing the numbers out of a hat (I believe an adorable daughter did the picking in that scenario). The only requirement is that the method of selection is clearly spelled out in the drawing post.

Entry into the drawings is done by STARTING a post in the drawing thread with the entry phrase chosen by the drawing host (Traditionally "I'm in", but "I LIKE" has been used as well). In order to remove any confusion or misinterpretation, only entries with posts that START with the phrase will be considered. As with all other KiteLife drawings, bantering is encouraged. This is for fun after all.

1. Tmadz

2. lmoaks

3. mystainedskin

4. RevRookie

5. mtgrizzly52

6. Amexpmh

• Like 6

I'm in....

I have skipped on joining these for personal reasons lately....but I just can not resist a chance at some KiteLife goodies. I will make it happen one way or another and support my Brotha Barton in an awesome offering and even let him choose the goodies if I win ;) Therefore....

I'M IN!

• Like 3

Great idea ! Anyone with a single line kite can KAP... I'm sure most of us here have one of those. I enjoy to KAP so much because it's a cross of two of my favorite hobbies.

Not in, but wanted to say - WICKED good prize(s)! :)

John, you should get in, I'm thinking you could use this, if you win, to invent Dogstake KAPing. I'm thinking dual-line, maybe, hmmmm............. :ani_yahoo:(KAP-view of you).

Rob and Mark you should both get in too

• Like 1

Suprise...suprise...wait for it ;)

If all agree.....

As with all Karma.. I want to offer this up to Amexpmh. Instead of my original liking of the Kitelife spree...pass the Brooxes Simplex kit to him. I will still produce the next Karma drawing as required.

The reason.....all my kite and kap equipment is sort of open ended loans. Without the help of others...i would not be enjoying what the outcome has become.What comes around ,goes around.....and it is way past my turn ;)

So....if all sits well with everyone. Happy New Year...can't wait for pictures!

Stay tuned for the outcome and the next offering.

• Like 2

The prize is yours to do with as you please, Scott, so I have no objection. I will make arrangements with Marshall for the Simplex kit. I am working with Scott to get his drawing posted, once that one is up, I lock this one down.

• Like 2