KiteLife Forum

HQ Stunt Kite Fun Package (2/1/15)

John Barresi

Hi folks, I'm opening up a one-time variation of the Karma Drawing... The recipient of our last official subscriber drawing (tkrinor aka Terry) is grateful for the win but having a full kite bag already, reckons he won't use the prize package as much as it should be and has elected to donate it back into a pool for someone who may get better use out of it (or know where to distribute them to others). Very kind sir - thank you!

Original drawing - http://kitelife.com/forum/topic/6298-hq-stunt-kite-fun-package-11815/

You can see in the images below, there is a Symphony 2.2, Symphony 1.8, Calypso 2 beginner stunt kite, Nimbus beginner stunt kite and two XXL HQ Kites shirts... All in all, a GREAT package for giveaways or on field lessons!

post-1-0-64991300-1421921753_thumb.jpgpost-1-0-64977800-1421921754_thumb.jpg
post-1-0-73231900-1421921759_thumb.jpgpost-1-0-68423300-1421921760_thumb.jpg

So, with that... ANYONE can enter this drawing simply by posting "I'm in" below with no need to reciprocate with a prize if you should win, only that you do your best to see that these prizes affect others positively - either by direct giveaway, giving lessons, or whatever you feel fits the bill, all in good faith. ;)

Prize will be drawn on February 1st, 2015.

Current entries:

• povlhp
  • RobB
  • Tmadz
  • RevRookie
  • elmo264
  • Joespickles
  • Rudy64
  • Mark Thorn
  • Nick Russell
  • mywindstuff

RULES:

These drawings are run by and for KiteLife members. If you are a KiteLife member from the US or Canada ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, you are eligible to enter. You do not have to be a paid subscriber. Members from Canada, Alaska, and Hawaii are welcome to enter the Karma drawings provided they are willing to pay half of the Karma prize shipping cost. The method and timing of the payment will be agreed upon between the two parties after the drawing for a particular prize.

Entry numbers will be given in the order of your entering post and listed above, the drawing will be performed using the RNG method (http://www.random.org/sequences/).

Entry into the drawings is done by STARTING a post in the drawing thread with the entry phrase chosen by the drawing host (Traditionally "I'm in", but "I LIKE" has been used as well). In order to remove any confusion or misinterpretation, only entries with posts that START with the phrase will be considered. As with all other KiteLife drawings, bantering is encouraged. This is for fun after all.

Edited by John Barresi
DRAWING OPEN TO ANYONE
  • Like 1

I'm glad for your entry, but due to shipping costs, all Karma drawings are generally limited to North America (unlike subscriber drawings which include all paid members regardless of home country)... As listed in the lead post:

These drawings are run by and for KiteLife members. If you are a KiteLife member from the US or Canada, you are eligible to enter. You do not have to be a paid subscriber. Members from Canada, Alaska, and Hawaii are welcome to enter the Karma drawings provided they are willing to pay half of the Karma prize shipping cost. The method and timing of the payment will be agreed upon between the two parties after the drawing for a particular prize.

I see no problem making an exception on this drawing, but only if non North American entrant(s) are willing to pay the difference in shipping (anything above $20 is typical)... Shall I count your entry, or no? Just want to be sure. ;)

Apologies!

Edited by John Barresi
DRAWING AMENDED, OPEN TO ALL ENTRIES WORLDWIDE

Thanks. And since it seems it is all without lines Winner will have go get 2-3 sets. Glad about the karma obligations. Now I am not thinking it is for me, but for getting others interested.

Friends will buy $100 toys for children that is used 1 hour. A $20 kite is too expensive for them to consider.

• Like 1

Thanks. And since it seems it is all without lines Winner will have go get 2-3 sets. Glad about the karma obligations. Now I am not thinking it is for me, but for getting others interested.

Friends will buy $100 toys for children that is used 1 hour. A $20 kite is too expensive for them to consider.

If you buy one 80-ft set, you can use it to fly any of the four, or trade one kite for a line set.

• Like 1

Remember the deltas are very small and light pulling beginner kites, won't need anything fancy for string.

Even the foils should be pretty light on the lines, unless the wind is really cranking. :)

I'm in. And I hope that I get to spare Barton the incredibly generous offer of international shipping. I hope we get to meet some day because I really want to shake your hand.

I've never flown in Illinois, Todd. Perhaps one day we can share a field up there. It's all about ripstop in the sky and spreading the love of this awesome sport.

• Like 1