KiteLife Forum

BASKL Learn to Fly a Sport Kite workshop

dragonfish

The Bay Area Sport Kite League is putting on a casual Learn to Fly a Sport Kite workshop/clinic on Saturday Feb. 21, 2015 at Cesar Chavez Park at the Berkeley Marina (San Francisco Bay Area, CA, just to make it explicit). This is the same location that the Berkeley Kite Festival is held. If you are in the area, feel free to drop by any time between 11am and 4pm.

For anyone curious about sport kites and who maybe doesn't have a kite of their own yet, this will be a great opportunity to see what sport kiting is all about and try it out. For those of you who have a kite or are flying, this will be a great opportunity to pick up some tips from the local experienced fliers and experts, or just to fly with others. Who knows, if there are enough people interested, some spontaneous team flying could occur.

BASKL%2BLearn%2Bto%2BFly%2BWorkshop%2BFl

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Drew Bembenek was working with the dual line fliers. Mark Quirmbach, Joanna Chen and Steve Lewis were helping out the quad line fliers. Drew also jumped onto the quads in the afternoon after the wind really started to pick up. Following the usual tradition, a number of the Rev fliers got together for a group fly. Despite some challenging conditions (0 - 3 mph wind in the morning that abruptly rose to "ballistic" in the span of about 10 minutes) it was an excellent event. I've talked to several of the first-time attendees and everyone said they learned a lot and enjoyed the day.

One of the first-time attendees was kind enough to send me some photos from the event and gave me permission to post several of them on my website. You can view them here: http://kitenotes.net . (She was busy flying her kite after the wind picked up, so most of these are from the morning session.)

• Like 2

Thanks for posting that up Brian. And thank you for helping to spread the word about the workshop as well. I loved Drew's description of the wind that day. Something like, it went from super ultra light to super vented.

• Like 2