KiteLife Forum

Karma - Revolution Supersonic 3/15/2015

makatakam

I'm out. I thought I had 2 shockwaves and no supersonics. It's the other way around. Don't need a third one. I'll catch the next one guys.

That's awesome! I love it when someone has so many kites they can't keep'em straight!

• Like 4

I'm IN................................. :cat_lol: Just for the hell of it !

I'M OUT --- Sorry Mark, I just realized that I have a brand new SuperSonic in my bag, that I purchased last summer and have yet to fly. I too, was confused about which kite your were offering, and which one I had. I suppose this will help the odds a bit........ :cat_shy:

• Like 1

I'M OUT --- Sorry Mark, I just realized that I have a brand new SuperSonic in my bag, that I purchased last summer and have yet to fly. I too, was confused about which kite your were offering, and which one I had. I suppose this will help the odds a bit........ :cat_shy:

I lose and you might have to send it to me try out!! :ani_idea:

• Like 1

I lose and you might have to send it to me try out!! :ani_idea:

Well Wayne, do you want me to get back in ? If I do, and if I win, then I'll ask Mark to ship it to you............BUT, you'll have to supply the next "prize", and run the next Karma drawing ! It's your call buddy ! I just don't really need 2 SuperSonics, although mine is a "mid-vent" ! :ani_victory:

Yeah, sorry guys, but I'm going to have to step in here. I don't want to be the bad guy, but "I'll stay in and give you the kite if I win and you can host the next Karma drawing" is only a very small step away from "What will you give me to get in on this drawing and give you the prize if I win", and that is absolutely not where we want this to lead. If you're not in to win the prize for yourself and keep the Karma rolling, I ask that you respectfully withdraw your entry from consideration (as has been done in this drawing) and leave a level playing field for those that remain entered. We are all for friendly banter and I don't think anyone would have an issue with sharing the prize as it makes its way to the winner's home, but staying in just to double someone else's chances doesn't leave the best taste in my mouth. If I'm wrong and my sentiments are contrary to those of the community let me know and we will work something out. Otherwise, I say let's keep this as honest and fair as possible. Thanks.

-B

• Like 1

Barton, I have no clue what you are talking about, but I have to agree 100% with whatever you said, because without being able to understand it I can not present a viable argument against it and am therefore relegated to the depths of thought that I have become accustomed to scouring in order to find the truth and achieve Nirvana. (How's that for authentic Midwest gibberish?)

Actually, probability states that if two people play as one, it will only increase their odds of winning the prize by a percentage of the total of players. If only three people were playing the odds of winning would increase from 1-in-three to 2-in-three, (from 33.3% to 66.7%). With 15 people playing, by teaming up with another player, one player's chances of winning will increase from 1-in-fifteen to 2-in-fifteen, (from 6.7% to 13.3%).

Granted, it's a significant increase. Double, in fact, as you have stated, but as the number of players increases, every one's chances of winning decrease dramatically. Take the Lotto as a good example.

Perhaps if the Karma item was routed by way of every other person playing so each one could check it out.....................or if each player was automatically partnered with one or two others..................Nah, let's just keep it the way it is!

• Like 1

I'm not sure if any of the comments above were meant for me. But it came across as a dig towards me not banter. All I wanted to do was share in the karma and I would have posted the next karma prize. There is a line between banter and digs ( Midwest gibberish ). But since I'm not smart enough to distinguish the difference I would like to Respectively Remove my entry. I am NOT IN. This is not the first time I have felt as I don't belong in Kite Life. That is why I have not been on for a while. I kinda see how some might feel the same way as I feel making them leave Kite Life. But I will not be ran out because there is a lot of info that is helpful to me there are not many kite fliers in my area and this is where I learn. I will keep my kites in the sky it's more friendly there. I'M OUT

Michael, Please allow me to try and straighten out this mess, as I was partially to blame, in the first place. As you will see from the posts above, a few days ago, I got into the Karma Drawing, and then after later realizing that I already had a SuperSonic, I got out. Then (all in fun & banter), Wayne somewhat suggested that if I had won, then I could have sent it on to him. I then replied back, asking if he wanted me to get back in, but also added, that should I win, I'd have Mark send the kite to him, but likewise, he would have to run the next Karma Drawing. All of this was done, with neither of us really thinking it out, and just how this may be perceived by the other entrants. This morning, when I read Wayne's reply (#41), I, without thinking, decided to get back in, but then, thankfully, Barton brought this whole matter to "our" attention. That post from Barton (#42), was directed "directly" at me and Wayne, and rightfully so. All of that is over and done with now, and there are NO hard feelings among the three of us, and never were.

Now, as for you, please understand that none of this was directed at you, had nothing to do with you, and I can assure you another thing, NO ONE is trying to run you off. Why would you think such? If you will remember, back when you first showed up, here on Kitelife, I personally spent a great deal of time, via PM's, trying to explain something Rev related to you. I had kinda wondered where you had been lately, and I was glad to see you show back up, here in the Karma drawing. Yes, this is unusual, and yes, a couple of us have gotten in, and then gotten out, but for clearly legitimate reasons. Please, don't withdraw yourself, because of anything that you have read here. We would all like for you to stay on, and continue to enjoy Kitelife. This was just one big "mis-understanding", but trust me, it had nothing to do with you. :ani_victory:

• Like 1

Michael, apologies for the misunderstanding. None of that was directed at you. Actually, that's not true. Some of it was directed at you. The part where I say that it would be cool to share the prize on its way to the winner was directed at you, because that was a cool idea You had.

• Like 3