KiteLife Forum

Karma - Revolution Supersonic 3/15/2015

makatakam

Hi, Mark. Welcome to the forum and good luck. The actual chances of winning in the Karma are very good. I've won three times in the last year or so; just remember that if you win, you will have to offer something for the next drawing. It doesn't have to be expensive or even a kite, just something kiting related like hats, sunglasses, lines, handles, sail cloth, etc. Whatever you can afford to pass on to someone else. It's a pay-it-forward kind of deal.

Hope to meet and fly with sometime soon. Any questions you have about any kind of kiting can be answered here. This is where the best in the world hang out.

I've got a couple of things in mind for a future Karma drawing. :)

On a somewhat related note, are there many people on here that enjoy building kites as well as flying them?

• Like 1

I'm not sure if any of the comments above were meant for me. But it came across as a dig towards me not banter. All I wanted to do was share in the karma and I would have posted the next karma prize. There is a line between banter and digs ( Midwest gibberish ). But since I'm not smart enough to distinguish the difference I would like to Respectively Remove my entry. I am NOT IN. This is not the first time I have felt as I don't belong in Kite Life. That is why I have not been on for a while. I kinda see how some might feel the same way as I feel making them leave Kite Life. But I will not be ran out because there is a lot of info that is helpful to me there are not many kite fliers in my area and this is where I learn. I will keep my kites in the sky it's more friendly there. I'M OUT

Michael, I had no intent to offend you, nor was my post a dig at anyone except myself. I was referring to Barton's post, which I found difficult to understand at first, but then realized that even though chances were doubled it made little difference with many as many people as we had playing, and tried to explain the math. The "Midwest Gibberish" is a reference to me and the first sentence of my own post and nothing else, since I live in the Midwest.

Again, this was not a reference to you or any other member of this forum, and I refuse to accept your withdrawal. You are still "in", and if for some reason I offended you, I offer you a truly heart-felt apology. I'm on this forum to have fun and talk to others who fly kites. I am not here for any political purpose or to put anyone down.

• Like 3

'Nick, you're such a rabble rouser. (JK) All of that and you haven't even flown it yet? :big_bangin:

Hey, what can I say ? I remembered that I had something new (out in the bag), but I didn't remember that it was a SuperSonic, until I went and checked :big_bangin:

Surely didn't mean to cause all this squabble, though :ani_wallbash:

This is a topic worth talking about!

I'm not into good or bad, I'm just into.

Karma, that is.

I hope someone wins Mark's great offering!

Actually, We didn't even have Karma when I was a kid. We had "Wait 'til you dad gets home"!

• Like 1

This is a topic worth talking about!

I'm not into good or bad, I'm just into.

Karma, that is.

I hope someone wins Mark's great offering!

Actually, We didn't even have Karma when I was a kid. We had "Wait 'til you dad gets home"!

hyzakite, are you in? Your post did not start with the words I'm in, so I have to assume that you are not.

No Mark, I'm not in. I'm enjoying what you are doing, I thought of being in but I got stuck of what I would want to hand over as a Karma if I was to win.

Holy Crap, what would I karma after your kite? You know I would try to top it! If I wanted anything if I did win would be the dimensions of your French Bridle.

• Like 1

What you give away in a Karma drawing does not have to be expensive. It does not have to match what you won in value. It does have to be kite-related. Everyone has something in their kite bag that they seldom use and is collecting dust, that another can put to good use, or something that you have found useful on the field that you can purchase and offer. Take a look at the list of topics in the Karma thread to get an idea of what has been offered in the past. There have been $10 items and there have been $300 items. They all found a new home with someone who wanted them. It only takes a bit of imagination to play, and help is readily available with getting your offering posted.

So, come on in, everyone. The water's fine!

• Like 2