KiteLife Forum

What's your next kite?

bookboy

Seven SUL from Sport Kite Design. It will be a colour match to my Seven Standard. I should have it in time for the gentle winter breezes.

Then, I'm waiting on the development of the Vented version for Spring/Summer.

How are you enjoying the "B"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How are you enjoying the "B"?

The B is going nicely, but I've had limited opportunities to fly it. Got some hours in down the beach but there's never enough consistent wind at the local footy ground. My Zero-G is getting more hours. Went to a nearby lake with my 6 year old on the weekend but he just wanted to fly his dodgy diamond he got from summer holiday program. I figure if I have a couple of nice SLK's they will provide a better opportunity to fl with the kids and their kites. The Rev is for Daddy's alone time until I have better control.

When ever the kids come with me to fly kites, I set out a couple of dogs stakes. Once they've had enough and want to take turns at whatever I'm flying, I tie theirs off so they are still up for later.

post-6827-14252905228878_thumb.jpg

That's a tough one...

Quad line, I need an Extra Vent.

Dual line, there are a couple soon-to-be released that I've got my eye on, and I always am on the lookout for either a PBSK Centurion or a Black Rainbow Vapor.

Single line, I think the ITW Manta would be top of the list.

After ordering one a year ago I again have a Revolution 1.5 B full vent on the way. Last time there was an error, probably mine, with my order that turned into a nice 1.5 B standard sail arriving. I kept it figuring I would get the full vent reordered pretty quickly. Somehow I acquired five other Revs in the meantime...not to mention numerous dual line kites & a few SLK's. Seems I want them all. So does one on the way count? If not my next could be a Sky Burner Pro Dancer Super Ultra Light or maybe a nice used kite from one of my KiteLife friends. There are so many fine kites out there waiting for me.

• Like 3

If I've learned one thing since getting in to kites, it's that the old "n+1" rule applies:

The correct number of kites to own is n+1, where n is the number of kites you currently own.

N +10 for me... for years my 'wish list' has always been like a top 10 list ! I could easily name off 10 kites that I want to get, but I've been trying to limit myself to one quad, one dual, and one SLK for the last few years.

• Like 2

If I've learned one thing since getting in to kites, it's that the old "n+1" rule applies:

The correct number of kites to own is n+1, where n is the number of kites you currently own.

N +10 for me... for years my 'wish list' has always been like a top 10 list ! I could easily name off 10 kites that I want to get, but I've been trying to limit myself to one quad, one dual, and one SLK for the last few years.

Yep, same here. I could name the next 10 I'm getting, it's just the order changes.

• Like 1

Mine is a double..An Into the Wind Levitation Light Delta and a Self made 2m Rok with a grey fade design or Camera Applique..

IDK if you saw, but ITW has a Levitation Light in their sales & bargains section...

http://intothewind.com/shop/Sales_and_Bargains/Levitation_Delta_Kite_Light_On_Sale

• Like 1

Mine is a double..An Into the Wind Levitation Light Delta and a Self made 2m Rok with a grey fade design or Camera Applique..

IDK if you saw, but ITW has a Levitation Light in their sales & bargains section...

http://intothewind.com/shop/Sales_and_Bargains/Levitation_Delta_Kite_Light_On_Sale

Ty sir...not much of a savings...but that might just be sold :)

Haven't tried the XL, but the regular Wala works great! Even as an indoor glider!! Only made 2 mods for indoor over stock: 1 - loosened the spine tension as much as possible without letting the sail get slack. Took out some of the curve of the spine that way. 2 - When I put the kite together, I add a couple small washers to the LE spars, before putting them in the nosepiece! Washers just slip over the spars. The added weight stops the "hobby-horse" action of the kite and helps it glide.

Of course if you're only flying it outside, none of these changes apply!! But do put the spreaders on the back!!

Thanks for the tips.

My flying will be purely outside but some of it in zero wind, so I'll take note of your suggestions. It was the dual nature of the Wala (glider plus regular SLK) that sold me on it. It's going to be the perfect kite to take down the road to the local football ground where the wind often varies between nothing and very little.

Jonathan

Now packing up to head to the beach with my Rev :-)

Haven't tried the XL, but the regular Wala works great! Even as an indoor glider!! Only made 2 mods for indoor over stock: 1 - loosened the spine tension as much as possible without letting the sail get slack. Took out some of the curve of the spine that way. 2 - When I put the kite together, I add a couple small washers to the LE spars, before putting them in the nosepiece! Washers just slip over the spars. The added weight stops the "hobby-horse" action of the kite and helps it glide.

Of course if you're only flying it outside, none of these changes apply!! But do put the spreaders on the back!!

Thanks for bringing this up and reminding me about the washers. I should go find some weights. Don't have washers, but do you suppose beads with large enough holes would work? Our approximately once a year indoor event around here is next weekend! (Sorry for the thread derail.)

Don't think beads will be heavy enough for what you need Joanna. Any hardware store should have some washers in different sizes, so you can mix and match what you are looking for in glide mode. I use some about 1 1/2' wide with 1/2' hole?? Maybe 1/16" thick"? Had some laying around, so used them. Also have some smaller ones to experiment with! The ones I use add about 10 - 12 grams of weight to the nose!

What ever you use, balance it out with equal numbers on each side!!

For the most part,? My usual next kite has already been bought, but there is only one kite/set of kites that I keep letting slip by, are a few 75' octopus kites from emma kites in china. There was too much color to choose from, but 2 colors will fit my sky just fine.

Reminds me of the old standard...

​How many kites does the average kiteflier need?

ONE MORE.

• Like 2