KiteLife Forum

Performance difference between Delta, Delta Conyne, and French Military

bookboy

Maybe this is a stupid newbie question, but what the difference between a Delta, Delta Conyne, and French Military style kite?

I know the visible design differences, but as a general rule do they fly differently? Or prefer different wind?

Or perhaps this varies too much depending on specific models.

Jonathan

A French Military & DC fly in a wider, higher range of wind than a Delta. The Delta can probably fly ~2mph lower wind, but you give up stability in winds over 10mph. The one exception I can think of would be the Ghost Deltas.

• Like 2

Rob's right..........and they are all pretty "easy to fly" kites. Just put them up and let 'em go............. I've had/got 'em all, and if they are good quality kites, they'll pin themselves to the sky, and stay there. I put 'em all up to 500 ft, and no problems......... :ani_victory: I

• Like 3

I like DC's. Solid fliers, decent pull and good stability, but require a little higher wind than a delta. Bigger DC's make great lifters for laundry too.

I love my black 11' Gomberg ghost too. Probably the most flown SLK I have. I plan to get a couple 7' in other colors.

• Like 1

Have a 10 ft $25 delta from China. With some tails, 2x 10 + 1x 30 meters it will fly all the way up to 15 gusting to 25 mph. Stronger than that, and it will do the death dive or rather slowly go down. Without tails it will do the death dive earlier.