KiteLife Forum

A nice 70 degree evening with 14 mph winds means one thing.....

Craig Best

Great shot! Taken from quadcopter?

Keep on flying; it gets better every time.

There's a grass field like that near enough. I'ts called Chicago. Come fly with us.

No quadcopter. Behind me is a hill that my wife was standing on when she took the picture. The field is part of an elementary school property about 5 minutes from my house. Next to school, there is a large soccer field and a baseball practice field and plenty of additional open space to fly. This was the first time I staked an SLK while I was flying a dual or quad and it was fun. I'm going to make up a couple more staked for my other SLKs so I can fly 3-4 simultaneously.

Great shot! Taken from quadcopter?

Keep on flying; it gets better every time.

There's a grass field like that near enough. I'ts called Chicago. Come fly with us.

No quadcopter. Behind me is a hill that my wife was standing on when she took the picture. The field is part of an elementary school property about 5 minutes from my house. Next to school, there is a large soccer field and a baseball practice field and plenty of additional open space to fly. This was the first time I staked an SLK while I was flying a dual or quad and it was fun. I'm going to make up a couple more staked for my other SLKs so I can fly 3-4 simultaneously.

When the wind is in the opposite direction try your Rev at the base of the hill. You know that ground wind that isn't there most of the time? It'll be right there and make working near the ground awesome.

• Like 1

Craig, I have two or three top SLK's that I pick among to put up whenever I fly. Great for wind feedback as well as something nice to look at when you take a break. Find a few you like to look at or get some tails/laundry. It takes a few minutes extra, but you don't need to mess with them when you are just going for a quick fly. I can't recommend the Gomberg ghost delta enough. The Black 11'er of course. Bigger is better eh? Good flyer in a variety of winds. Look for some others to fly in lighter winds, etc. A nice Rok too. Great fliers as well.

• Like 1