KiteLife Forum

Just looking through some old stuff......

Dave362

Hi all,

This is a great site. I find myself inspired by the history and kiting traditions in evidence here. I was going through some stuff in the basement this morning and pulled out a few things I haven't seen in a long time. Now I realize my modest collection of memorabilia can't compare to what many others have. Still, the fun is in the sharing. There are some old kite field cards, my favorite being the Stranger. I took a picture of some of my SKQ magazines, as well as the first issue of American Kite to feature our gracious host. I like that issue also because it features the late Leland Toy, one of kitings great gentle souls. I have an old blown up photo my wife took of my TOTL team kites, plus the sky claws I still fly them on. There are some early stunt kite manuals including that so interesting Kite Precision by Ron Reich. Somewhere in there is a photo copy of the original Prism Guide, which offered some of the earliest, known to me, information on trick kiting. Anyway, nothing special here, just a few items that mean a lot to me.

Carry on,

Dave

post-8492-0-00990900-1426782839_thumb.jp

post-8492-0-68988100-1426782855_thumb.jp

post-8492-0-01303700-1426782919_thumb.jp

post-8492-0-42550200-1426784536_thumb.jp

post-8492-0-60166500-1426784754_thumb.jp

post-8492-0-14472600-1426784787_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Wow, Dave, some cool old artifacts ! Did you find any old Into the Wind catalogs ? Those are some of my favorite trips down memory lane, from the days before I could afford to even buy a Sport Kite. I have that Prism guide that you mentioned scanned as a PDF document if you or anyone else is interested...

Thanks Rob! I did find a few, but they weren't that old. I agree, its fun to see older kites adertised as the next thing!

Wayne, I still have the sail to mine. Its in perfect shape. One of my goals is to re frame it and get it in the air again. I sure had a lot of fun with that kite. I remember the included video was, well, strange....... I'd love to see a picture of yours!