KiteLife Forum

You might be a kite nut.

SHBKF

• 1 year later...

I realize I'm a Kite Nut when I take a kite bag out to the beach & have to take kites out of their sleeves to remember which one is which. I've started labeling the sleeves with a sharpie to save time...

• Like 2

You might be a Kite Nut when you check “Windfinder” every day to find a 1 hr window that is flyable in your area. 

Spokane WA has very sporadic wind for kite flying.  Last Saturday it rained all day, as predicted in the news. According to Windfinder it was supposed to be very windy and rainy, but at 3:00 PM the rain was supposed to stop and the wind was supposed continue to be strong; too strong it turns out.  I was out running errands that day, with my kite bag in the car and at 2:45 headed to the field.  3:00, sun came out, wind was there, and I had about an hour of flight time before my kite broke.  And the rain started again.

Some would think :angry:  but instead I felt :)

I was able to practice some things that I have been waiting to improve on all winter, waiting on some proper wind to do so… Worth breaking a kite for.

My kite breaking revealed a weakness in the design that allowed me to create an improvement to keep it from happening again.  Also worth breaking a kite for.

I am now fixing my kite using “Go-Cart” drive chain parts, Dacron, and a banana to do so.

After all, I am a Kite Nut (ok, not a banana, but the rest is true).  I hope to share this experience with you all in another post when my repair is complete.

SF

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

... if, when getting off some means of public transportation during a nothing to do with kites trip, you sometimes feel worried because it feels like you forgot something important in there (and then you realize that you never brought a kite bag in the first place).

• Like 2