KiteLife Forum

You might be a kite nut.

SHBKF

7 hours ago, Swimdad67 said:

Well there is kite fishingemoji12.png also

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

actually as some may know or not know there is an island in the south pacific I think its santa catalina where the islanders use spider webs and a kite to catch needle fish. There's a youtube vid of it if your interested.

• 10 months later...

... if, when asked for the temperature after checking the weather forecast for tomorrow, you simply don’t know. I mean what is it to know (to make the decision) besides wind speed, wind direction, if there will be heavy rain particularly in really low wind and if the kite would be close to the sun?

• Like 2

On 3/29/2015 at 5:50 AM, SHBKF said:

If you begin naming your kites, you might be a kite nut. SHBKF

Guilty

On 3/29/2015 at 8:18 AM, photomom said:

You might be a kite nut if …..

You've lost track of how many kites you have and where they all are in the house.

Why do you think I have the 4 Lines Everything Counts thread... GUILTY

On 3/29/2015 at 8:20 AM, photomom said:

You might be a kite nut if …..

Ripstop has taken over your sewing room, your dining room and your guest room.

and truck, and storage area. Way beyond Guilty

And my new contributions

if you dream ways to put new ripstop patterns together.

if you refuse to follow a pattern because "it's so limiting"

if you film your kites just to watch them sparkle

• Like 1

My husband's answer:
"If you are on kitelife.com!"

I would (secretly from him but openly to y'all) add "if you have ever realize you didn't hear what your spouse/child said because you were corresponding with a kitelife friend.". :)

Man, I hope he never reads this stuff or I will get teased.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using KiteLife mobile app

• Like 3

I work Monday to Wednesday at the local Agricultural College (Teaching building construction and Maintenance)

On my days off I work from home from 8.00am to 12 knots...........to go power kiting in my buggy or land sailing.^_^

My local "Pink Lake" I use is only 2 kilometers away.

• Like 2

I am not a kite nut. Denial is the 1st step to denial. Number acquired doesn't have to mean you still have them.1 to 3 learning, getting good and still stable. 4 to 25 lost it a bit. Get the shakes when you look at another kite.Lots of agonizing counting pennies and doing research. Becoming dedicated to the craft. 26 to 50 you've gone nuts. See a kite you MIGHT like. Boom it's yours. Know more than you ever thought there was to know. How any sail loads or unloads makes perfect sense at a glance. Kite configurations cross your mind hourly.Permanent grin on your face when grabbing a kite even when there's no wind. 51 plus ? TOTALLY DEDICATED !!! Learning and sharing all things kites has become embedded in your soul.You might be nuts at any stage though if you think it'd be worth the trip to fly at a pink lake. 🌰🥜s. 

• Like 2

If you gave yourself blisters practicing kite moves (indoor going backwards of course) and you felt the blisters starting up but you just couldn't stop. Even after when your friends and family look at you like you might be insane all you can think is "it was sooo worth it."

• Like 2

If you gave yourself blisters practicing kite moves (indoor going backwards of course) and you felt the blisters starting up but you just couldn't stop. Even after when your friends and family look at you like you might be insane all you can think is "it was sooo worth it."

Cool April, you have an indoor kite now. Self made or bought?

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using KiteLife mobile app

Nah, not yet. Will sew one soon. I am in Philly and Rich was nice enough to share his indoor space and kites. It was a blast and was hard to admit that I should stop playing.

Nah, not yet. Will sew one soon. I am in Philly and Rich was nice enough to share his indoor space and kites. It was a blast and was hard to admit that I should stop playing.