KiteLife Forum

Logbook

grey78

I don't keep a log-book per se, but I organize my pictures by date, and can see what I was flying when by looking back through them. Yes, I always have my camera with me, photography is my other hobby...

• Like 1

One bloke over on the rev forum catalogued the use of his last set of pros. Very interesting stats.

I don't catalog, just place broken or worn as needed. I do take lots of mental notes if I see a new urban playground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Interesting....

I used to keep a log for fly fishing, to try to hit the same hatch in the same conditions each year.

I've never tried anything like that for kiting, in terms of a tool to improve or whatever. I do like to write, and enjoy on occasion writing about a particularly great day flying. But its always about the beauty of the day, the way the sun felt, stuff like that, not say technique specific.

• Like 1

Grey,

the cool thing about kiting is everybody comes at it in their own way. I like to practice stuff over and over. That's just what makes it fun for me. I also understand that's not for everyone. If some folks find it helpful to keep a record of what's working and what's not in say, a particular type of turn or trick, I think that's awesome. It could also be fun to have a record of different flying sites, seasons of the year, festivals, whatever. I think a diary type of log would be really fun to go through years later.

Bottom line is, everyone should approach kiting in the way that makes it most enjoyable to them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have my skydiving logbook (requirement), at 500 jumps the fun starts to go out of it. But computer stats helped a bit.

Never thought about logging kite usage. Might be good to determine what to keep and what to sell. Apart from Revs (vented + std), I am starting with some HQ Symphonies and powerkites as well. SLK will not count.

One bloke over on the rev forum catalogued the use of his last set of pros. Very interesting stats.

I don't catalog, just place broken or worn as needed. I do take lots of mental notes if I see a new urban playground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reason for the log was on durability and repairs. He was documenting how many hours were put on what sail and their wear. Cool stats, but I just fly mine til they need replacing!