KiteLife Forum

First Flights!

Mark Sullivan

Guys!

I just flew my first Rev. I've been a dual line guy for awhile (other than a big foil I have set up as a quad) but I took my grandpa's Rev 1 out today. After a couple minutes understanding how to get the kite back after it flies to the edge of the envelope, I fell in love. Super rad kite and now I finally understand the quad line craze. The power of being able to put the kite anywhere in the sky is incredible! I've still got a lot of learning to go but I've now started my journey.

Today was also my first flight of a Prism Micro. The first words out of both me and my wife's mouth on take off was "it's solo cute!". The kite has no pull, is what I call a normal wind kite, and tracks really well with no drift or oversteer. The best part is how portable the little baby is.

All in all, we had a great day and I wanted to share with the only other people I know that can relate :)

• Like 1

Super! I love stories with happy endings. You WILL become addicted to that Rev, but as long as you remember not to let life interfere with your kite flying you'll be fine.

Keep smiling, and don't forget to breathe!

Post photos when you can.

I recently bought a Micron to take down to the beach on holiday ( too many 'obliviots' + their kids + their dogs to use a full sized kite safely! :angry: ) - what a blast! I'd recommend one to anyone! .....ironic that you spend years perfecting a range of kite tricks and Mr& Mrs Joe Public completely ignore you but put a tail on a Micron and whizz around in circles at warp speed and they think you're amazing!! :wacko:

• Like 2

Take good care of that kite. It's a classic collectible. One of the early models. Go to the Revolution Kite Forum and search out John Mitchell's history of Rev kites, or just Google it. I think you'll find it very interesting!

• Like 1

Take good care of that kite. It's a classic collectible. One of the early models. Go to the Revolution Kite Forum and search out John Mitchell's history of Rev kites, or just Google it. I think you'll find it very interesting!

I just read up on the history, really interesting. I think Grandpa's kites are some of the early 1992 models... he's got a six kite stack of the same model in his basement :)

According to him, "only flown once, drug me right off the field".

Spectacular action shot ! Love those old 90's colors... I've got snowboarding gear that would match that Rev. It sounds like you found some real treasures, it's got to be a great joy to fly them.

• Like 1