KiteLife Forum

Karma - Benson Gemini (6/1/15)

Tmadz

OK folks. The next Karma giveaway is a Benson Gemini. This is a great dual line kite made by a man known for his quality craftsmanship and innovative designs. This kite is very colorful as far as Benson's go. This kite was bought used to try to work on advanced tricks. It is very floaty. Too floaty for my ham fisted inputs and attempts to start learning some advanced tricks. Nor do I have the right winds for this. This would be excellent for those with some access to beach winds. Kite condition is good with maybe some TLC needed. No rips, tears or patches. No roll bars on this model and one of the standoffs is coming loose from the sail. Easily fixable, but it has never prevented me from flying it. Flown over grass only (by me). Comes with original bag. No lines. This kite deserves a home that can set free the tricks in its DNA.

post-7156-0-65516400-1432133693_thumb.jp

A different Gemini, flown by our own RobB on this forum:
http://youtu.be/N0NNm0uLBcI

The drawing will be on June 1st.

Entry will be made by replying here, starting with "I'm in" and entry number will be by order of entry. RNG will be used for the drawing.

1. Amexpmh

2. Brucifer

3. Tim P

4. Sparkie Rob

5. GammoRay

6. 3wrapframe

7. FredVanCuren

Standard Karma Note from the Moderators

This is a Karma Drawing. The winner of the drawing is expected to pay it forward by offering their own prize for the next drawing. Please do not enter unless you are willing to offer your own prize, preferably not the prize you just won. Drawings should be open for entry approximately 2 weeks, and the next drawing should be posted as soon as possible to keep the Karma rolling.
These drawings are run by and for KiteLife members. The moderating team only ensures that your drawing post contains all of the pertinent information (drawing date/time, adequate prize description, drawing rules) before approval.

If you are a KiteLife forum member from the US or Canada, you are eligible to enter. You do not have to be a paid subscriber. Members from Canada, Alaska, and Hawaii are welcome to enter the Karma drawings provided they are willing to pay half of the Karma prize shipping cost.

The method and timing of the payment will be agreed upon between the two parties after the drawing for a particular prize.

Here is the link to the original Rules and Guidelines thread:
http://kitelife.com/forum/topic/5426-rules-and-guidelines-please-read/

The mechanism for the drawing itself is entirely at the discretion of the person offering the prize. In the past, entry number has been determined either by order of entry or by the post number in which the member declares entry into the drawing. The drawings have been performed using the RNG method (http://www.random.org/sequences/) or by choosing the numbers out of a hat (I believe an adorable daughter did the picking in that scenario). The only requirement is that the method of selection is clearly spelled out in the drawing post.

Entry into the drawings is done by STARTING a post in the drawing thread with the entry phrase chosen by the drawing host (Traditionally "I'm in", but "I LIKE" has been used as well). In order to remove any confusion or misinterpretation, only entries with posts that START with the phrase will be considered. As with all other KiteLife drawings, bantering is encouraged. This is for fun after all.

• Like 2

I'm in. Great reputation with Benson kites. Nice prize and I have a great beach location to fly. Ed is a Benson fan and can school me some as well. Great offering Todd.

Marshall

• Like 2

Ok. Seeking a little international clarification from the moderators on this one.

a) If I cover total postage if I win this kite, and

B) If I cover total postage for next drawing or make a US based prize available,

Can I enter this drawing?

Hey, it's a Benson...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ok. Seeking a little international clarification from the moderators on this one.

a) If I cover total postage if I win this kite, and

B) If I cover total postage for next drawing or make a US based prize available,

Can I enter this drawing?

Hey, it's a Benson...

Rob, JB and I chatted about this and decided that we see no reason that you cannot enter under the conditions you spelled out. We will make these decisions on a case by case basis, but in this case you are in.

• Like 3

Glad it got worked out Rob. Nice to have an international contingent in the game. I got this kite for a song a while back and I just feel that it was time to give it to someone who could turn it loose.

• Like 2

Glad it got worked out Rob. Nice to have an international contingent in the game. I got this kite for a song a while back and I just feel that it was time to give it to someone who could turn it loose.

I'm very glad too. Tim has a reputation world wide for making not just top shelf kites but being the standard for "the top shelf". Couldn't miss out. Plus, I really dig the colours!! Thanks for putting it up.

• Like 2

Anyone who enjoys tricking a dual-line should be 'IN' on this one. The Gemini is one of the most radical kites I've flown. It's not easy to fly because it's so radical, but it is a ton of fun. I'll be getting my Geminis out this summer to see if they've learned anything during their hibernation of a few years.

If you haven't seen these Gemini Movies, they're a must watch for anyone inclined to learn some tricks. They are my inspiration, years ago I set my goal to learn to fly like this... still working on that !

http://wardley.org/kites/movies/stoked.html

• Like 4

I'm in. Boy am I ever in for this one one, now if I was to win this beautiful bird who out there would teach me to trick this bird?

We'll all help you the best we can remote, but you need to get some video. If you ever travel to the NYC area, I'm usually looking to fly !

I took her out again today (to say goodbye) and she's lovely. I can't stress how floaty she is. A completely different feel. I hope I can see someone fly a Gemini in person.

I took her out again today (to say goodbye) and she's lovely. I can't stress how floaty she is. A completely different feel. I hope I can see someone fly a Gemini in person.

I like that, to say goodbye. Nice touch.