KiteLife Forum

Blue sky, empty park...

IdahoFlyer

I went to my standard flying spot today, a sports park about 20 minutes away. The complex has 3 baseball fields, 2 soccer fields, a playground,and some other stuff I haven't explored because, well, I'm there to fly.

As we pulled in, I realized there was not another car in the lot. No one else here!

I hurriedly parked, grabbed the kite bag, and tried not to run. I didn't want to break the spell. Set up on the upwind end of the (freshly mown!) soccer field. Wind is steady 8 mph, EXP launches straight up, and doesn't touch the ground for the next twenty minutes.

This is my sixth time flying the Rev, and everything clicked. The kite did everything I asked it to, when I asked it, and I thought "THIS is why I fly kites!"

We were there for two hours by ourselves - no baseball players, no soccer players, no kids, no dogs...

One visitor, a sheriff's deputy who pulled in, got out, and leaned on his truck, watching the kite for ten minutes, then left. Never said a word.

So, no newbie questions, no problems. Just wanted to share a great day.

• Like 7