KiteLife Forum

NC Rev Clinic (Aug 8-9, 2015)

John Barresi

Join us for two full days of quad instruction near Fort Macon on the beautiful shore of Atlantic Beach, North Carolina on August 8-9, 2015... We'll be covering everything from absolute basics (pure beginner) all the way up through advanced techniques and team flying, as well as providing short flight routines that are sure to help your skills along while having fun at the same time.

Saturday morning is always a group presentation, full 101 on the ins and outs of Rev equipment and related theory, this covers a metric ton of stuff that even the "pros" think they know, but don't... From there, we usually go through the fundamentals of clean launching, landing and control methods... Students then break up onto their own kites to work on the "homework" (maneuver combinations) that I'll distribute beforehand, during which instructor(s) will make the rounds between each flier, offering supporting instruction, as well as addressing individual interests.

Sunday is the same without a 101 presentation, followed by a couple hours of team skills introduction to close out the day.

Students will use their own kites, any line length will work (80'-90' is very common) but 120' length will be required for team exercises. Must be spectra or Skybond lines for team flying.

Testimonials - http://tinyurl.com/jb-testimonials

Registration is $150 per person and includes full access to the clinic on both days (10a-4p)...

Please note, there are only 12 spots available and we expect them to fill up very quickly.

Follow this event on Facebook too!
https://www.facebook.com/events/1676845649205935/

Signed up so far:

1. Marshall H
2. Scott P
3. Ed R
4. Chip E
5. J.L.
6. P.S.
7. Mark H
8. Barry B
9. Ruth L
10. Aaron T
11. Tim P

For anyone who needs equipment or parts while in town, you can get pretty much anything you need from the Dixon family and Kites Unlimited & BirdStuff, etc.​, just a few minutes away from the field.

Student Name
Skill Level

pixel.gif
  • Like 1

Ha, I'll be down there all week... the week of July 25 to August 1 that is. Bleh.

I'll try to see if I can get off that NEXT weekend as well, but I dunno if I'll be able to work it out. If there's anyway that I can though, I'll be there, space permitting.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Most kiters walk out of the parking lot and back down the street where they drive in to enter the beach out by the peninsula/rock jetty where the acknowledged kiting area is. This entrance area is not showing in your image.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Most kiters walk out of the parking lot and back down the street where they drive in to enter the beach out by the peninsula/rock jetty where the acknowledged kiting area is. This entrance area is not showing in your image.

I get it now. Just wanted to make sure I was looking at the right area.

• Like 1

When you pull in the fort area you will pass the path with a gate (for ranger use). Park and walk back to the gate then out to the beach. We should have up feathers and SLKs. PM me and I'll give you my cell number in case any issues come up.

• Like 2

Nothing like a countdown to push you to make a commitment!

Signed up, now just to get a place to stay for Saturday night. Any suggestions from you local folks? I'll be down there the previous week at a cottage, but don't know the hotel situation down there anymore. Should never have sold the house we had at Atlantic Beach!

Looking forward to meeting and flying with everyone!

• Like 1

Cool. I look forward to meeting new friends at the fort. I asked don to check with local supporters (hotels etc) to see if any will offer a special rate. I'll check back with him tomorrow and let you know.

• Like 3