KiteLife Forum

SLK Questions

Dave362

Dude! Beautiful kites! Love the photos too. One thing about these SLKs, they sure bring out the pig greed. In me, at least... I mean, buy a rev or a dual and the issue is, "I fly like a weanie."

But with SLKs, if one is beautiful, imagine how ten will look!

It is a custom Jordan Air Kite. I work in a kiteboard,SUP,kite shop. That is the logo for the shop. Used to have another larger one with the kite shops logo "Extreme Kites" but it was sold when ownership changed hands. Still flies local..but personally owned now.

I have taken a # in hopes of getting it back in the shop.....or my bag ;)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm going to be in Gomberg's Seaside store in a couple of weeks. I wonder what hipness will find its way into my bag?

You lucky dog. Ask them how much will hang under their skyform 60. That's the one I have my eyes on. Hoping it will handle their helix tail, 30' bubble tail, and spinflower.

• Like 1

will do. i'm eying the '60 as well. My thirty pulls suprisingly well and never gets hard to handle. However, I'm betting you could lift pretty much anything you wanted under the 60. I might get a pulley and straps for walking larger kites down. For now, I'm excited to get my '30 on a beach and see what it will lift in a decent wind.

• Like 1

I walk everything down....it is quick and easy. Also gives you a chance to work the twist out while winding line up.

I prefer hand over hand(gloves),backwards down wind or to the side of the window....but also have 2 types of devices mentioned. a large rope handle and 500# clip and one with 2 feet inserts for the really bad days and mounting /unmounting stuff.. a portable pulley also..but rarely use it.

I tend to use the clip more than the pulley. I can quickly tie a belay and anchor with the clip...in emergency situations...or simply throw a few wraps on the clip for mounting/unmounting laundry items. This is where the 2 footer strap has come in handy...leaves the hands free.

• Like 1