KiteLife Forum

Indoor Flying Practice

Penny Lingenfelter

Hi Penny!

I talked to Barton today.....things are really coming together!

I'm afraid I do NOT possess any bell bottoms. :(

As for Morro Bay....I checked the calendar....mousie has an event in the works for that same weekend..... so looks like we will be in Bend. :ghostrider_h4h:

Lam says he has Brian's phone number....he'll give him a call :rainbowwave:

Lam just played his Beattle tune for me.... :D

Can't wait!!!

T

Hey T... Yes.. anew version of vented. I put it away till I get some tape and I"m practicing with it's twin.

I went clothes shopping this weekend to find 60's clothes for the Lincoln City Indoor Kite Festival. lol I must say, it's going to touch my daily life. I ended up picking up bright reds, oranges, and other bright colors that I can wear in the show and to work in the spring. lol I better warn them at work.

BB Penny

I've been practicing the last couple of days with a little longer lines on the Rev. No more jumping rope with the Rev. I tried it several ways and it's not happening. with longer lines and a fly out.

I"ve been working on a few things. Mostly just trying to laearn the music. I don't know if I ever paid any attention to the lyrics of "Penny Lane" but it's "very strange" lol.

I'm beginning to second guess if my 60's clothes will be flamboyant enough. I don't want everyone else in the show to look dippy hippy and me end up looking.. ewwwww... conservative. I"ll see what I can add.

this morning's fly had me laughing out loud. How many times can you spin with your kite without getting dizzy? I think I'm at about 7 or 8 twirls.

Still practicing standing in one spot and flying.

Any one up for a game of "Anything you can do, I can do better"?

Better get to work. BB Penny

Anyone know where I can get a pimp suit (complete with the hat)for the show, on short notice for only a few bucks?

Blue faux leopard fur is a plus. ;)

Ok, where is that can of crickets? Penny shakes can to get their attention....

We have our biggest indoor show in Lincoln City at the ned of the month and as most of you know John B. and Lam H. are inLondon practicing for their big Red Bull Show.. OH, Dear!!! They may not have time to find 60's outfits for the Beatle Extravaganza! Help!!!!

If any of you have any time to cruise on the computer, could you look for cheap 60's clothes. You can see John's shopping list above. lol Send pictures.. Post them here. It is an indoor. I haven't had any time to look yet. Please don't purchase, just suggest. lol If you know John, you know costumes are not his thing... but he's a good sport so I'm expecing bell bottoms and a head band at least. Share it in the chat room.

Indoor.. fun week at the gym~ BB Penny

That's awesome Shannon! lol Do you thnk it's out of John's comfort zone? lol What little bit of searching I've done looked more 70's.

John, you better hurry and get a costume or Shannon might dress you.

I could see lam in one of those dark suits the beatles wore. Wouldn't he look cute?

On an inside fly note.. I went to the gym and switched to a 1.5 exp. I might need a heavier kite then the indoor in the St. Patty's Day Parade. It felt so heavy after playing with the indoors so long. Remember the saying, "It's only fun till it pokes somebody's eye out"? Well, I finally did it.

I was checking out the possibility of jump roping the Rev EXP. The lines are just a little to long at about 10 ft. but I came up with some fun stuff. I thought I'd try figure 8 ing it around my body before I jumped it. Ouch.. caught myself in the eye!! I was goijng to try it agian, but the clock on the wall said it was time to get to work. So I'll have to try it again later.

Like the suit, not so sure about the cigar (it is a cigar isnt it, my eyes are getting a bit old, rest of me is fairly young though)

Aren't all kite flyers young at heart?

What about this? John likes to not wear a shirt sometimes. (Look out Ray)

It might help if we had your music John. What Beatles Songs do you think he's flying to?

Shannon... I am such a computer illiterit- I accidently deleted your message. I got it though.

Blue Pimp Costume.. what will the man be flying to?

Oh, does Lam need any help finding his 60's clothes?

lol BB Penny

This kid has got 2 weeks of indoor practice left and then it's outdoors.

This weekend the goal is to pick up the one handed handle. Ralph cut the washer off of them.

Find Steve some 60's clothes for the Indoor Kite Show at Lincoln City. Even the crew should dress 60's right? If anyone feels otherwise, don't tell Steve. :kid_devlish: Andrew Becker is coming to Lincoln City. He's jazzed, too.

It's been great flying indoors. Every year there's something new. Next year I'll get good. :lol:

I still have a Jester Cotume to work with. I'm certain I'll need a professional choreographer for it. Well, got to fly. ~

Glenn, If you read this, would you mind if we sent John a copy of the Arlington Cd? I wouldn't mind the mystery ballet on the web site.

BB Penny~~heading to the gym.

This kid has got 2 weeks of indoor practice left and then it's outdoors.

This weekend the goal is to pick up the one handed handle. Ralph cut the washer off of them.

Find Steve some 60's clothes for the Indoor Kite Show at Lincoln City. Even the crew should dress 60's right? If anyone feels otherwise, don't tell Steve. :kid_devlish: Andrew Becker is coming to Lincoln City. He's jazzed, too.

It's been great flying indoors. Every year there's something new. Next year I'll get good. :lol:

I still have a Jester Cotume to work with. I'm certain I'll need a professional choreographer for it. Well, got to fly. ~

Glenn, If you read this, would you mind if we sent John a copy of the Arlington Cd? I wouldn't mind the mystery ballet on the web site.

BB Penny~~heading to the gym.

Feel free to do whatever with the CD, it ment to be enjoyed.

Glenn

Indoor Practice has been on short lines. Rev. Indoor 1.5 and the line close to 8ft. I think. Perhaps, shorter. I can jump rope it and fly it out... walk across it, pull it underme and jump, as it fly's up in front of me then fly it behind me and spin. It only takes a split second. :sign_kitelife:

Tomorrow I hope to take the camcorder and record it. I've got to see it on video, because the view when your flying it is so different then viewing it as a spectator. Completely different and the flyer has the best view. (except when the kite is behind you)

I'm hoping I'm not making a mistake flying on such short lines, but it is something fun and different. We'll see.

We leave for Lincoln City Thursday. Everyone's getting excited. The flyers will be fantastic to watch!! Everyone has such a different style. Rev On! The most fantastic Indoor Kite Show in the U.S. See you there.

BB

Penny

t-shirt and jeans? lol Yah man.. that works.. What's the T going to say?

I put my red pants and tie dye shirt somewhere special so it would be ready. I bought the cutest little red rectangle shaped beatles sunglasses.... Now.... where is that specail place I put the clothes?

I took tomorrow off so I could pack in leisure. :D I can't believe I'm using one of my vacation days for personal reasons.

I'll be flying indoor at the Kids Expo at the Kitsap Pavilion in Bremerton in a few weeks. Last year was so much fun I'm looking forward to doing it again. It's a great place for kids to get their hands on some indoor kite flying. Rev, and UFO... if a dual liner is interested in sharing time and kite, just let me know. We can schedule several kite demo's through out the day.

Well, I'm going to go relax. REV ON~

BB

Penny

We had the most fantastic time at Lincoln City. I even met Deanne from my home town there. she and her husband are tako kichi and did very well on the indoor rev. on short lines.

Just imagine beginners on a short lined very speedy Rev. It is challenging. Rachel from Bothel can now do an overhead, 360, overhead and reverse down with no problem. She'll be working on her transitions and then you guys better look out!

Our Beatles Extravaganza was awesome. If anyone has a picture to share, that would be great. John said he'd get video up later in here.

I jumped my kite and did the Alexandria during every show and made it every time. Wish I could say my ending was as good. :P Still we all gave the crowd something to clap about and the feed back was fantastic.

Our backdrop was black with large and small florescent colored spots. on it.

The cat and the hat routine had at least 10 people involved and the kids and their parents enjoyed being a part of it.

Monk had his new monkey kite and Amy looked prescious in a black tux and top hat for her competition.

Todd, Scott Davis, Andy Becker, Lam Hoc, John B. Scott W., The Parks, Allen Cunningham and I can't think of who else right now, but they all flew marveous. We're looking forward to next year.

Wait and see the video, you'll love it.

BB Penny

Hmm, How much longer before John has video from Lincoln City up? I hope he has some good video.. and hope I looked better in the red then the orange. I put on the orange and never showed it to any friends or family except Steve. That man! He loves me enough that he thinks I'm pretty no matter what.. but he could have said.. Honey, you won't be happy with that outfit in pictures. lol Oh well.

I took my butterfly kite to my Toastmasters meeting last night as a prop and used the weekend event as the subject for my table topics questions. Gomberg's sell the butterfly, so I am going to have to check those out. The grandkids need one! there is the Kids expo in a couple of weeks and then it's outdoors for me. I'll still be sneaking inside for some personal fly time and to practice the single handle as soon as I get it back from Ralph.

This blog (you know that's what it's become right?) will slow down over the warmer months. I'll miss the cold weather that sends me to the warm gym to fly.

Yup, it's back outside to fight the elements.

See you at the beach!

BB

Penny